Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300M Ti Bezel - turns way too easily, but no play.

1. BlackrazorNZ Oct 15, 2019

Hi there.

My Omega Seamaster 300M titanium has a bezel that turns incredibly easily - far more so than any other Omega I've ever owned.

It has no play/wobble, however even your thumb glancing against the bezel while winding the crown is enough to make it turn. As is light pressure from a pinky finger. You can see a video I took of the issue here :

Is this something that can be corrected by sending in to a service centre?

Thanks!

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 15, 2019

Sounds like the click spring has failed and isn’t offering the resistance it should. It’s a cheap part but it needs to be sorted by someone who can take it off without mangling it.

3. 321Only Oct 15, 2019

Should be an easy fix, just ask your watchmaker to have a look :thumbsup:

4. BlackrazorNZ Oct 15, 2019

The watch was only purchased in late 2018. Likely to be a warranty claim? Or easier to just get fixed locally?

5. Caliber561 Oct 15, 2019

If your local boutique has a technician you should be able to get it fixed locally under a warranty claim. It seems unlikely that the watch would need to be shipped out to a service center for something which should be easily remedied.

6. mjb Oct 15, 2019

Funny. My local AD (they call themselves a boutique, but they're not) wanted to send out my seamaster to get it sized when I bought it. I said forget it, and just did it myself.

If they can't size a bracelet, I surely wouldn't ask them to fix the watch. YMMV, natch. But even if they offered to do it locally, I'd insist on having them send it to Omega and have it done right, with the right parts.

WatchShopping likes this.