Forums Latest Members
  1. juang1985 Apr 25, 2021

Good evening Gentlemen

Diver 300M Seamaster Sedna™ gold Chronometer Watch 210.62.42.20.03.001 | OMEGA US® (omegawatches.com)

I visited my local AD since they had this beauty in stock. Got to try it and gotta say. It was an absolute beauty. The color contrast of the rose gold and the blue just match perfectly.

I wanted to get your thoughts. I can get a pretty good deal on this watch. (under 18k out the door)

Is there a bracelet that can possibly go with the gold 300m? or rubber straps is the only way to go?

I currently have the same watch just with stainless steel black dial 300m seamaster and i love it.

david5807 and BigHaggis13 like this.
  2. PandaSPUR Apr 25, 2021

I've always liked watches that had a gold bezel and accents, with a fully stainless bracelet. Not sure i'd like it as much on a watch where the case itself is gold.

IMO, you'd have to stick with a strap. I don't think Omega has any fully gold bracelets for the SMP, and the two-tone ones may look odd too.
    Can your AD just swap the bracelet with a two-tone model for you to see how it looks? They should be willing if you're serious about buying.

juang1985 likes this.
  3. juang1985 Apr 25, 2021

I agree with you. Seems the blue strap and possibly black strap would be my only options. The watch does look lovely with the blue and gold. It looks better in person than in pics. Now, I wonder if a third party makes a gold bracelet for it

4. BigHaggis13 Apr 25, 2021

I’ve been swooning over that one too, that Sedna gold is just so good looking. I just got the less fancy brother to this one a few weeks ago, black dial with Sedna gold bezel on the steel case and adore it. I like the blue too, but the black and rose gold combination just does it for me. I can pretty much guarantee if Omega put one of these out with the black dial and black rubber strap, I’d be liquidating my entire collection immediately.

As far as straps, I feel like the rubber it comes on is probably the best fit for the watch. On the two tones, the bracelet alone adds $3,600 to the watch. I’d imagine a full gold bracelet would probably add three times that amount. Personally I was totally happy to get mine on the rubber strap, I love the look and it’s definitely one of the most comfortable I’ve worn, but I definitely understand everyone has different tastes. I do have some natos and a sailcloth strap inbound to try out for my own amusement, but I don’t mind the rubber at all. If I could change anything, I’d just like to add the gold buckle that comes on the full gold watch, but that’s just me being nitpicky.

If you go for it, please post tons of pictures so I can be insanely jealous!

5. Barqy Apr 25, 2021

Why get the same watch you currently have, but in a precious metal? Don't get me wrong, I really like the look of the watch with the sedna gold and the blue (I'm a sucker for dial legibility), but with that kind of budget, you have a ton of options out there - heck, multiple new watches for the same coin. I would opt for some variety in my collection but that's my opinion.

juang1985 likes this.
  6. abgul Apr 25, 2021

Incredible watch - gold is in imo. Love it.

7. juang1985 Apr 26, 2021

That's a very good point. I really like the blue and gold combination in this watch. The speed masters are a little bigger than seamasters. I have small wrist I couldn't do anything over 42mm. I am an omega fan and I like sports watches. You do have a great point though

Barqy likes this.
  8. david5807 Apr 27, 2021

If you can purchase this for 18K then do it! This model is a great watch that reminds me of my gold Submariner in a lot of ways :thumbsup: