Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300m professional latest G4

1. cappers Feb 24, 2019

Have just recently bought the latest blue 300m Pro with a stainless steel bracelet and thinking of also getting the blue resin/rubber strap as it looks lovely with the blue face. Of course, the official omega is the price you would expect it to be, but was looking online and found this one in an etsy shop. Anyone had any experience with any of these? Also, how does it fit around the lugs? Tt says it has a curved end. Seems good value???
    thanks

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/663...h_query=omega+rubber+strap&ref=sr_gallery-1-2

2. pianomankd Feb 24, 2019

It's definitely not OEM.

3. cappers Feb 24, 2019

Aware of that, just wondered if anyone had any experieice

4. pianomankd Feb 24, 2019

I've had experience with Etsy, but not with that specific seller. Etsy is a shot in the dark for most things. Anyone and anyone can sell on that site.

Let us know if you follow through with the purchase!

cappers likes this.
  5. cappers Feb 24, 2019

TBH, not much to lose. May or may not be my main strap as I have the original bracelet, so just think of it as an alternative. You never know I may prefer the blue!

6. BradleyJ. Feb 25, 2019

If you like it I'd go for it. They have decent reviews but dont expect it to be legit in terms of genuine omega. I personally couldnt care less who makes the strap as long as I'm happy with it. I do want genuine hardware however so I'd be tempted to swap over my omega buckle from an old NATO strap but as far as the strap itself..... it's a wear item and is meant to be used and replaced. In my experience however, you get what you pay for but that's pretty low cost so it's worth the gamble.

cappers likes this.
  7. cappers Feb 25, 2019

Those are my exact thoughts and consequently I ordered one. I’ll update once I receive it
    Cheers

BradleyJ. likes this.
  8. Wetworks Feb 25, 2019

I think is a slippery slope as far as endorsing what is basically counterfeit goods. While I get the sentiment of not wanting to pay a premium for OEM items like straps, I fail to see how one can differentiate/justify that versus just going ahead and buying a counterfeit watch. JMO.

9. hbombkid Feb 25, 2019

Now I will start off by saying I try to stick with OEM straps but have used a couple decent aftermarket ones.

I am all for saving money but I would always think I spent 1000s on a watch but I put a fake strap on.

Buy a legit aftermarket one (they are out there) or find a nice oem preowned or nos (they are also out there)

10. Bernardino Feb 26, 2019

There are plenty of other straps for that price that don’t pretend to be OEM.