Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300m Auto - Bogus Warranty Card Story

1. Daytona12 Jul 6, 2014

A relative recently purchased one, through a site we are all familiar with. He had it shipped to me in Dallas. The idea was that I would take it to him, when we meet up in the UK in August. Also an opportunity to make sure all was as described.

The watch was as described, even if the sales description was a little brief
    Seller had 100% rating with 400+ Transactions

When I unpacked the watch, the Warranty card was the first thing that caught my attention. (I have deleted the telephone # digits)

Per the card - the Ref # does match the Watch # for the model advertised, but the obvious kicker is that the Watch # does not match the number engraved on the watch itself.

The original question was: why there were stickers over the Watch # and Jeweler Info Boxes in the first place? Looking through the sticker material it is clear that there are numbers and Japanese Script, though not legible.

Seller was contacted. In a telephone conversation, he very nonchalantly suggested that he had no problem with the Watch # on the card not matching the watch.

He did agree to refund the money and pay for the return shipment, claiming that he did not really want to sell the watch in the first place.

Thanks to Archer for his help and direction.

Warranty card.jpg

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 6, 2014

You are welcome.

Cheers, Al