Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300m 2220.80 winding issue

1. Brandonb123 Mar 27, 2018

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here! I’ve got a seamaster 300m (2220.80) that I bought summer of 2011. In 2014, I noticed that it was winding weirdly and would randomly stop so I sent it into the Toronto Canada service center and under warranty they fixed it. I am told that they did a complete service (movement overhaul and replaced the seals). The watchPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network came back working perfectly and with a 2 year warranty on the work (expired now). The last few months I have noticed that the watch has a “grinding” feeling while manually winding it - doesn’t matter if it’s completely dead or still has some juice. Once wound it seems to run fine and I started today tracking any time deviations. The interesting thing is the grinding is not too bad if the watchPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network is vertical (i.e the dial is facing me while i wind). However, the grinding is significantly worse if I wind the watchPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network horizontally (the dial faces the ceiling). Anyone ever experience anything like this and have any ideas? Doesn’t have any strange sounds while running or even when I “wrist wind” it. I’m hesitant to send it in right now as chances are a service would be $1000 and we are getting married this summer ($$$$$).

Thanks!