Forums Latest Members
  1. Cfcboy Oct 1, 2016

I have the latest one, I just want to check that when winding the watch there is an element of friction. When I first had the watch there didn't seem to be any.

2. flw history nerd Oct 1, 2016

If you start to feel a bit of resistance, and you hear a very slight sound like gears engaging, then it's fully wound. It doesn't harm the movement - it should take roughly forty full turns of the crown to wind it up fully.

3. dx009 Oct 1, 2016

It's also worth mentioning that, usually, the movement will wind easier when the power reserve is low (the spring is not fully charged) and gradually becomes a bit more difficult until the power reserve is full.

If it winds with significant difficulty then a service might be in order (or something might be wrong...).

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  4. Cfcboy Oct 1, 2016

Another poor, possibly connected should the watch slow down when running out of power or simply stop? My watch earlier was about 25 mins behind.

5. flw history nerd Oct 1, 2016

It shouldn't slow down, just stop. The movement has a regulator (not the official term, I'm not a watchmaker) in it to prevent that from happening. You may indeed need to have it checked.

6. dx009 Oct 1, 2016

Can you give us a few details about the watch (not the technical ones) ? New ? Pre-owned ? Service history ?

As flw said it stops not slows down... Although there is a bit of juice left in it but you'd have to shake it or rotate the crown/hands just a little bit to make it run for a few minutes more...

7. Cfcboy Oct 3, 2016

New in Dec 15

8. dx009 Oct 3, 2016

I think it is highly recommended, at this stage, to take it to a specialized shop. Perhaps take it in for warranty somewhere where you bought it from...

Although those people sometimes mess it up it's still better than to leave it like this...

9. Cfcboy Oct 3, 2016

Ok - it's well within warranty so best get on it.

Cheers

10. Cfcboy Oct 17, 2016

Have taken it in. Apparently not wearing it is not good nor not having a winder. To me that makes sense, must be better to keep the " engine " running.

11. Scepticalist Oct 17, 2016

It's also complete rubbish unless you leave it unworn for months and even then modern watch lubrication would probably deal with that just fine. You think jewellers go around winding up (hundreds of) automatic watches very day? There's no significant difference between using a winder and not apart from convenience

12. Cfcboy Oct 17, 2016

So what do you think the issue is then ( lost 15 mins over 4 days ) then 2 hours later " charge " went.

13. ConElPueblo Oct 17, 2016

That needs to be sent in for a check-up, don't accept any of their idiotic "should be on a winder" stories. Omega quite happily took in my Speedmaster when it was just +15 seconds a day out of their allowed tolerances, addressed the issues and returned it working properly.

14. Scepticalist Oct 17, 2016

It's got a fault. Pure and simple. It's not unheard of on this new movement

15. Cfcboy Oct 17, 2016

yes they have sent it to Omega. MMM so long term ?