Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300 MC gap inner ring and bezel

1. O_L Jul 11, 2016

Hi everyone,

Been lurking on this forum for quite a while and finally decided to purchase a seamaster 300 MC last week. It's an amazing watch and I am very happy with it.

A day after I got the watch however I noticed one minor detail - the gap between the inner ring and the bezel is not the same width everywhere. I understand that there needs to be a gap for the bezel to move freely (which it does), but of course would prefer the gap to be the same width all over. I've taken a picture from which you can see that from approximately the 25 until the 55 mark on the bezel, the gap is wider (about double) than the gap on the rest of the watch. When I turn the bezel the gap moves as well and when I push the bezel I can even out the width.

From the photos online some seem to have an uneven gap whereas others do not. Is there a particular reason for this gap and can anything be done about this?

I highly appreciate any feedback!

image.jpeg
  2. themarshmall0w Jul 11, 2016

It's a slippery slope when you get into the small details of this watch. First it's that gap in between the bezel and the case, then it's the bezel dot not lined up right with the dial triangle exactly, then you'll notice that the shiny bezel inner will get scuffed up a little bit which actually requires the whole case to be taken apart in order to polish, and then you'll notice after not setting it for a week that it is running 4 seconds fast. This is a solid, good looking watch and I wouldn't try looking for things wrong with it. Wear it, enjoy it, and don't worry about the little things.

Linzer likes this.
  3. trama Jul 11, 2016

Firstly, Nice Watch!

In regards to the gap, not a big deal, but if it bothers you by all means get it rectified. Here is my dirty and well used example for comparison: sorry for fingerprints image.jpg

4. Perseus Jul 11, 2016

Mine looks pretty uniform all the way around but here's a pic so you can judge for yourself:

SM300 02.jpg

5. Nactex Jul 11, 2016

Never noticed and never bothered me.
    [​IMG]

6. O_L Jul 11, 2016

Thanks for the replies and pics - very helpful.

Out of curiosity, would it be relatively straightforward to have this rectified? Would popping by a boutique/AD with a resident watchmaker suffice or would it require the watch to be sent back to Omega?

7. cruxexpert Jul 12, 2016

Take it to the Boutique. Friend took his PO to get the bezel realigned and took maybe 15 minutes.

They'll know straight away if they can fix it on site

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

8. O_L Jul 12, 2016

Thanks cruxexpert - was that a PO with a ceramic bezel?

9. BruceTheManLee Jul 12, 2016

i don't seem to have any issue with mine in terms of gap.

however I do notice that over time the bezel does become extremely easy to turn which can be annoying at times
    sometime putting on a jacket and it might turn a few clicks. I have the Spectre LE version so the bezel is bi-directional - perhaps that is making the bezel turn more easily. Not sure? what about other non-Spectre LE versions?

10. Hands90 Jul 13, 2016

I'm really crazy about mine but I have not noticed this. Maybe yours is unnatural but if it checks out then I wouldn't worry about it.