Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300 master, to brush the links, or not?

1. brophy77 Feb 29, 2016

As the title states! I love the watch, and am perfectly fine with the current polished centre links (PCL's), however I've heard good things about getting them brushed, and i could potentially like them even more than the PCL's, just haven't seen any in the flesh yet. So i am wondering if people have any pictures or thoughts on getting them brushed?

meganfox17 likes this.
  2. flw history nerd Feb 29, 2016

I wouldn't dare do it to mine. The original 1957 Seamaster 300 had PCLs, and the new one is intended to be a faithful homage to it. Do what you want, but the design was intended to have the bright gleam on the center links. They do attract fingerprints, but I just wipe them off with a microfiber cloth when I put the watch on, and I'm good to go.

3. meganfox17 Feb 29, 2016

I think i read about this controversial article somewhere before.

I also do have a SM 300 M CoAx but had replaced the SS bracelet with an OEM JB Nato Strap simply because i didnt want the PCLs to attract unnecessary attention in my line of work as i deal with the inquisitive public all day !

Ok Hold On. lemme find the link for You

Edited Feb 29, 2016
  4. meganfox17 Feb 29, 2016

Edited Feb 29, 2016
    Steve in SoCal likes this.
  5. yinzerniner Feb 29, 2016

The "Limited Edition" Spectre SM300 MC comes with a bracelet that's factory brushed.
    I sourced an SM300 MC for a friend that had it's PCLs brushed after the fact.
    I personally like the bracelet brushed, but understand why Omega decided to go with the PCLs as an homage. Good thing is that it's reversible in case you don't like it either way.
    On the other hand, I LOVE the polished end links on the Speedmaster '57 with the creamy lume. To each their own....

meganfox17 likes this.
  6. watchsk Feb 29, 2016

Hi,

I have owned the Seamaster 300 for about a year and asked the dealer I bought it from to have the center links brushed. I have never regreted the decision as I love the look of the brushed bracelet. Here are some photos of my watch:

IMG_3857.jpg IMG_4817.jpg IMG_3869.jpg

7. meganfox17 Feb 29, 2016

Hi yinzerniner

Do you actually have both the SM 300 M coAx & the new Speedy 57 with the Broad Arrow Hands ...or the George Clooney Watch... it doesnt matter...!
    Wow ! Awesome...!

I think you had expressed your thoughts in that thread dated 10th April last yr. So now... given the choice btwn the Brushed & Polished center links , which do you prefer ?

8. meganfox17 Feb 29, 2016

Hi Watchsk

Ahh...the Man Himself with the Brushed CLs. I gave your link to @brophy77 just now. i dont know 'bout you guys... but the Brushed CLs just by examining Watchsk's photos alone look Damn Bloody Retro Vintage Classic to Me !!! More convincing as a modern homage to its ancestor of 57' compared to the PCLs !

Nobel Prize likes this.
  9. brophy77 Feb 29, 2016

This is great, thanks for the pictures and opinions. Im leaning towards brushed as it stands, however i do have the OEM bond nato coming in so it will be interesting to see which gets more watch time.

meganfox17 likes this.
  10. Perseus Feb 29, 2016

The Brushed Side.jpg
    I had my SM 300 for less than a week and I knew the PCL's had to go. First go round took about 5 min with a green scotch brite pad. Someone sent me a fancy gray scotch brite and those work even better.

Scooterino36 and meganfox17 like this.
  11. meganfox17 Feb 29, 2016

Nice One Perseus...!

I always giggle when Darth Vader suddenly makes his appearance on the Omega forum
    Ha6x!

Perseus likes this.
  12. brophy77 Feb 29, 2016

and Vader has sealed the deal haha, brushed it is. So a local watch guy just said it was 100, but the guy working said he could probably make it 75. Should i find a better price, or try this scotch brite method? I wouldn't want to mess it up

meganfox17 likes this.
  13. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Feb 29, 2016

Brushed...looks great... I have used the scotch brite method...does not look the same as brushing from Oem braclets. If you have not done before... U may want to do some practice runs on some other piece of metal...key is to be very straight and very unidirectional...scotch brite has different grits like sandpaper... Use a couser one first then finish with a finer one

meganfox17 likes this.
  14. meganfox17 Feb 29, 2016

Hi Guys !
    Just wanna mess with Your Heads for a while !

Is it Brushed Stainless Steel or Dull Polished Stainless Steel...?

Do You Polish up your Spanish or Brush Up Your English ...?

Maybe Your Brush with Death on live T.V has made Your Brush With Fame a Living Reality....!

Do You Brush your Teeth & polish your Enamels or brush your leather shoes then polish them out ?
    Or is it the other way around...?

Do You Apple Polish your way up the corporate ladder and brush for rival fingerprints to make them look badder ?

Do you brush away your Ex after polishing off the Burgers & Fries... ?

Is Brushing your Polished Breitling to a Matt finish & Polishing Your Brushed Muhle to Satin finish a Bad Idea...?

Edited Feb 29, 2016
    kkt likes this.
  15. RARJ Feb 29, 2016

Brushed all the way. The polished is nice but the brushed gives it a much more timeless/classic look in my opinion. I've had all of the polished components changed to brushed on the various Omega's I've owned over the years (with the exception of the polished finish on the "sharkproof" mesh bands).

I'd say go for it.

meganfox17 likes this.
  16. rbob99 Feb 29, 2016

I have an aversion to PCL and always prefer brushed.

17. meganfox17 Mar 1, 2016

Hey Brophy77

Whatever You do , just dont Mess Up the original PCLs bracelet ! Hands on field experience rather than pricing should be your guide.
    Otherwise just replace the damn bracelet with an OEM JB nato strap. Dont Rush...There is No Reason to get things done in a hurry...

18. cristos71 Mar 1, 2016

The original version bracelet actually has polished outer links and brushed centre links.

M'Bob and meganfox17 like this.
  19. emilio Mar 1, 2016

Time for someone to try that look ;-)

20. demollo Mar 1, 2016

I prefer the brushed links. The only problem i can see is polished lugs .. brushed bracelet doenst look great next to polished lugs.

kangajack likes this.