Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300 Master Co Axial Chronometer

1. watchsk Mar 21, 2015

IMG_4015.jpg A few more shots of my watch for a Saturday afternoon. As I looked more carefully at the Omega new watches exhibited at Basel it would seem that the new Globemaster is showcasing Omega's newest version of the Co-Axial which adds another layer of testing to achieve the Co Axial Master Chronometer rating on top of the Anti Magnetic feature that the Seamaster 300 has. Maybe this is the movement level that will be in all the future watches. Anyway, still enjoying this watch. IMG_3999.jpg IMG_4005.jpg View attachment 112574 View attachment 112574

Dogmann, maxtor71 and Lukeeesteve like this.
  2. Hijak Mar 21, 2015

Love the completely brushed bracelet.:thumbsup:

Beefylugs and nlogax like this.
  3. jcmartinez98 Mar 21, 2015

Agree
    I think you knocked it out of the park with your bracelet modification...

4. watchsk Mar 21, 2015

Thanks for the comments. I wonder what else Omega will show us at Besel this week. I still think there will be something new with the Planet Ocean line and possibly Seamaster's also.

5. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 27, 2015

I heard omega will brush the links out for you if asked, anyone confirm that?
    It looks so much netter like that!

6. SM_300 Mar 27, 2015

Sh..., I want that watch too, but can't have them all. Looking great, enjoy!

7. watchsk Mar 27, 2015

Mine was done by the watchmaker at the dealer from whom I purchased the watch. As I look at both the original and modified versions, I have no regrets about doing it (it can be reversed anyway) and have to say I like the way the satin finish plays off the polished parts of the case.

Frunkinator likes this.
  8. Hijak Mar 27, 2015

When I pull the trigger on one of these I'll do the same...looks fantastic!::psy::

9. watchsk Mar 27, 2015

Hijak

Thanks for the feedback. I had pretty much gotten out of watches other than an older Hamilton but I could not resist this one. Years ago, I had one of the original Seamaster 300 watches but this new version is such a great mix of the old look with the new technology.

Hijak likes this.
  10. Hijak Mar 27, 2015

First off welcome to the forum and nice splash with the new SM 300!

The only real issue I've had with this watch was the polished bracelet and what you have had done looks great...thanks for sharing this as I'm sure many will follow suit.:thumbsup:

11. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 27, 2015

Man that looks good. I tried on the ti and really liked it, but the black just looks so good.

12. _Omega_ Mar 27, 2015

I am soooooo ready for one. Not too far away. Perhaps if I give up food. Or Hendricks martini's. Looking forward to owning one; hopefully later this year. Congrats to those hat have already indulged!

13. watchsk Mar 27, 2015

Well, I only own two watches at this point but needless to say, I have been wearing the Seamaster 300 every day for the three weeks I have owned it. So far, it seems to be picking up about 1.5 seconds per day. Here is one more shot of the collage.

IMG_3903.JPG

imranbecks and Taddyangle like this.
  14. _Omega_ Mar 27, 2015

Great collage. Believe I spotted that over on WUS as well. Such an outstanding piece.

I realize there has been MUCH debate around the PCL's, but I'm not opposed to them. I like them on my AT Master Co-Axial as the watch is far less 'blingy' in person. That said, when I acquire this beauty I will likely put away the bracelet and switch straight away to a Nato Strap. Love the Omega NATO's. Have one thus far on my PO 2500.

[​IMG]

15. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 27, 2015

Dang, the coax sm300 would go so well with my sm300.

I'm going to see if I can trade my mint PO XL ti 8500 for an SM300 coax. That damn thing is too thick....

16. Lukeeesteve Apr 1, 2015

That's definitely one of the very few modern watches that I think is beautiful. Congratulations on your acquisition!!

17. watchsk Apr 1, 2015

Thanks for the comments.

Does anyone understand the METAS Certification and whether the Seamaster 300 was certified that way. Another poster shared a few articles with me and based on what I read, it seems like the Seamaster 300 is called a Master Co Axial Chronometer but that is different than the newly released watches IMG_3861.jpg ( Basel 2015) like the Globemaster which say Master on the rotor and are going to be METAS. The difference seems to be that METAS certifies the watch movement as well as the movement when it is the watch case which COSC does not do. So while my Seamaster has the name, Master Co Axial Chronometer, it is not METAS certified. Is that how others understand it.

18. OmegaRookie Apr 1, 2015

My understanding is the movement is the same but our watches weren't tested. I imagine the newer versions will be at some point. I think they said all movements will be tested at some point in the future.

19. ctime3 Apr 1, 2015

From omegas website

wners of watches that are Master Co-Axial Officially Certified will be able to access online or via a smartphone the results and performance parameters of the tests passed by their watches.

OmegaRookie likes this.
  20. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 2, 2015

Basically it's just Omega having bragging rights about their gauss rating, a few other measurements are taken I've no doubt. I can't blame Omega for crowing about the new movements though. I have no doubts my sm300 master coaxial will be no different from the Metas certified models apart from the writing on the watch.

OmegaRookie likes this.