Forums Latest Members
  1. profglenn Jan 20, 2020

Hi. I wonder if anyone can advise please. I have my Seamster 300 (blue) since last May Day bank holiday. It's been great. Keeps amazing time.

But....I have noticed several times like I can see hundreds of dots in the crystal. Like someone sprayed something on it! I never wear watches when spraying anything. I tried cleaning it with a damp micro fibre cloth and tried convincing myself the dots had gone.....I was not totally convinced. One thing I noticed was when I wiped it with a damp cloth, I could see all the dots on there glass when it was wet and they disappeared as it dried.

I used a loupe and found I could still see some white dots (but not the hundreds that seemed to be there when the watch was damp). A couple for example between 12 and 1 o'clock that I could not shift. Maybe they are on the dial! I tried a Zeiss lens wipe and that did nothing as well. No one would see/ notice it. Even someone with a loupe may not pick it up.

Could it be the AR coating gone wrong? Or leftover adhesive from the crystal cover on purchase maybe? I have never come across this on my other watches (Tudor, Longines, Christopher Ward....)...if it's an AR defect then Omega may say that I did it! So I am not really sure what to do next (if anything).

Thanks
    Glenn

2. bags1971 Jan 20, 2020

Pic?

3. profglenn Jan 20, 2020

No point - I can't get a photo that shows anything!

4. bags1971 Jan 20, 2020

Maybe take it to a AD probably your best bet

5. profglenn Jan 20, 2020

Thanks. Sending to Omega at present seems like overkill....but that might end up as what needs to happen.

6. profglenn Feb 7, 2020

I sent the watch to Omega. They said they cleaned the glass. I then asked if they had checked for a mark that I could see between 12 and 1 o'clock. They then came back to me later and said i was right and there was a mark on the dial itself. Now I have the watch back, and am absolutely gutted because the dial and bezel are no longer perfectly aligned. I should never have sent it to them. It looks to me like the dial may not be seated correctly. Now what do I do?!

AE698719-C812-41FE-BF35-E64800FDE2BF.jpeg
  7. ericjasman Feb 7, 2020

Wow. I feel like they should have to redo it. Why would they have not fixed it if they noticed it...

8. Slowpoker Feb 7, 2020

In fixing one thing they've screwed up another. Probably by some junior technician.
    The only thing you can really do is send it back and tell them to line things up.

I thought you could turn the bezel one click to the left and line it all up. But then after some thinking and toying with my 300's bezel I realised it didn't work that way.