Forums Latest Members
  1. JimSharp39 Jul 28, 2014

Good morning everyone - long term lurker and first time poster.

I have two Omegas - a 2001 Seamaster ref 2252500 which is my daily wear and I love it. I am a response police officer and it has been through thick and thin with me and still looks new. I also have a 2007 Speedmaster ref 3220500 which shame on me I almost never wear. Anyways...

My question is about timekeeping. I've had a good look through the forum and haven't really found a clear answer.

I have had this watch for a long time and I remember it always being a very good timekeeper. It seems to be losing time now. I have checked it over one full week and it loses 100 seconds. Oddly despite its extreme complications, I have found the Speedmaster to be a much better timekeeper, but I don't like it as much (OK first world problem I know). Is this within range for a chrono? I have had it regularly serviced by a competent local watchmaker.

My other questions relate to the automatic movement - I don't think its working much now - I can hear the weight and it hardly appears to be moving. Its definitely not as smooth sounding as the weight movement on my Speedmaster. The reserve is very poor. I want to put it to an Omega-competent repairer in the UK (Scotland preferably if there is one) for a service etc. I would greatly value any recommendations from people who've entrusted their prides and joy to their recommended repairers.

Best regards

Jim