Forums Latest Members
  1. Jpmoran11 Apr 16, 2016

hello I just put together a seamaster 300. I just replaced the date wheel with this part OME5601500N From cousins. Now my watch is getting stuck during date change. Also I think it is stopping about 10pm seconds hands is still moving. Tonight it was an hour behind. The watch has been keeping perfect time until I changed this wheel. Please help.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 16, 2016

this is a case for image.jpeg

OMGRLX and red crowned like this.
  3. DON Apr 16, 2016

Maybe you got the wrong date wheel

Jules Borel lists the black/white as 1580/OME 561

560 is a domed silver/black

Difference (I think) has to do with the type of dial. Domed is used for a dial with a lip and sits a touch higher

Is the date ring black with white numbers?

DON

4. Jpmoran11 Apr 16, 2016

Black with white numbers

5. Jpmoran11 Apr 16, 2016

Watch is now back at the watchmaker. It has gone down hill fast. The dial lost part of the A in Omega label. The minute hand is now scratched and I can't seem to find the correct stem part number. Any help would be great with the stem part number. I already ordered the dial again and will probably order new hands again. I've paid for this watch 2 times already.

6. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Apr 16, 2016

did you put the 300 together yourself when it malfunctioned or did your watchmaker do it? is he/she knowledgeable about vintage omegas?

7. Jpmoran11 Apr 16, 2016

She is very good with watches. German watchmaker with 40 years experience. Just having bad luck with this project.

8. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Apr 16, 2016

good luck and keep us posted. hope your 300 is on the mend soon! :thumbsup:

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 17, 2016

For the Cal. 565 the stem part number is 72205631106. Make sure it's the 563 stem, and not the 550 stem - they are different.

For the date indicator, the number you have (72205601500N) is black with white lettering, but it is the domed version and you have a flat dial. Although this will work fine and should not be the cause of the date malfunction (the calendar platform that the dial rests on is higher than the date indicator, so no interference), the flat black version is part number 72205601580N.

So using a domed date indicator with a flat dial is fine, but using a flat date indicator with a domed dial may cause problems.

And yes, sometimes the lettering and markers on these dials are quite fragile. They come in the package with tissue paper on the face of the dial and sometimes that paper sticks to the dial, and when you peel that tissue away I have had minute markers come off with the paper...since I order them from Omega I just send it back for exchange for a new dial, but I doubt the 3rd party suppliers will do that for you now since they have been cut off.

Cheers, Al

Travelller likes this.