Forums Latest Members

SOLD Seamaster 300 - 14755 / 61

1. Melhadary Aug 28, 2015

Seamaster 300 14755/61 + 7912/61 bracelet with no.6 endlinks + black waterproof leather strap as pictured below, on offer in search of a new home with a fellow ΩF vintage Seamaster lover.
    7.jpg
    10.jpg
    mazensm300_3.jpg mazensm300_4.jpg

Asking USD 6,000 or reasonably close offer - wire transferred or trade for a Seamaster 300 / 165.014 with bracelet in similar condition.

The watch (previewed here earlier: https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-300-14755.2906/) was purchased a couple of years back off ebay from a French seller, and was sent directly to my watch guy in the USA for a full service before landing on my wrist.
    DSC_0123.JPG DSC_0126.JPG
    I wasn't really able to drag much info about the watch from the seller, as he was obviously not a collector and didn't care much about it's condition or provenance, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to elaborate on the watch history before it landed at my watch guy's work bench, although a re-lume is suspected (which is very nicely done if it is). No modification was done to it in any way from my side, only service and cleansing.
    DSC_0139.JPG DSC_0170.JPG DSC_0150.JPG DSC_0171.JPG

The dial is obviously in exceptional original condition, and very well preserved. If the lume has been "redone", on the wrist and at close-eye view scrutiny even, it isn't apparent.
    DSC_0148.JPG
    DSC_0173.JPG

The original crystal has the older version hidden logo. The correct hands show signs of relative age-related wear which were lightly cleaned ( not polished) during service. So was the case (also just cleaned not polished) which is also in good condition. The bezel is in AWESOME condition. If Aldo redo, it's a great specimen as you can see, and a worthy reflection of the factory Bakelite one... it really does the watch true justice. The crown is original Omega, however may be an older replacement crown. The caseback outside engraving is relatively untouched and very clear.
    SM 300 f.jpg 1.jpg
    2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

The 7912 flat-link bracelet stretch links work well for their age which is reflected only in the somewhat widening gaps between the links (as with the majority of these bracelets which exist till today).
    9.jpg 8.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

One of the no.6 end-links has a small crack on the inside at the very delicate opening where you access the spring-bars. Never the less, it is fully functioning still as an end link and not in any way visible when on the watch. The way I see it, it wasn't necessary and extremely difficult to find another original end-link, and spend the amount of money that's being asked for these end-links these days. As is also known, it's ridiculously difficult to find these links (original ones as I believe these are) in perfect condition.
    13.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg

The used black leather strap, which came with the watch when I purchased it, is ZRC brand. High end and very durable. Check out their most recent catalog online here:
    http://zrc1904.geckota.com/documents/Catalogue-ZRC1904-23x26-CB.pdf
    It gives the watch an exact look as the Seamaster 300 example which was posted on the Vintage Omega Database (now removed), and is also there in the AJTT book. To me, this was the main reason why I went after that watch in the first place!
    DSCF1864.jpg

Price above includes safe and trustworthy worldwide express shipping from Kuwait where I am currently located. EDIT: My apologies, adding that returns are accepted in both sale and trade agreements, buyer covers return shipment charges.

Contact me at any time, and please don't mind a little delay from my side due to the difference in time zones. I will get back to you as fast as possible :)

Thanks for looking!
    Mazen

Edited Aug 28, 2015
    Davidt, JohnSteed, TNTwatch and 21 others like this.
  2. RCAFBuster Aug 28, 2015

PM sent.
    Buster

3. RCAFBuster Aug 29, 2015

So close...and yet so far. The hunt continues.

4. Melhadary Sep 2, 2015

A new home has been confirmed.... Many thanks to the new owner :)
    Big thanks also to Omega Forums, and to all those who have been in touch.
    Very much appreciate your interest and communications.
    Mazen

Javi22, CajunTiger and JohnSteed like this.