Forums Latest Members
  1. timoss Jun 2, 2013

Hi, this is my first post here. I picked up this Seamaster 30 from my step father. Gold plated except for the caseback. Have not opened the back yet but assume it could use a service. Crystal is scratched and crown is incorrect. Where's the best place to get these parts?

Pardon the lame cell phone pics (and the nasty bracelet--got to get a replacement for that, too!).

Thanks!
    Brooklyn-20130602-01221.jpg Brooklyn-20130602-01222.jpg

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 2, 2013

Nice one......a minimal replacement, light service and oiling will make this beauty run again for long time. I don't know where you live, I believe expert watchmakers in here (Al/Archer and Steve/N2FHL) could easily help you.

3. timoss Jun 2, 2013

Cool, thx. Actually it still runs. I have not worn it yet for an extended period so I'm not sure how long or how accurately it runs, but when wound it starts a' tickin'...

Are the folks you mention parts suppliers or watch servicers....? Maybe I will look them up.... thanks again.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 2, 2013

They are watch servicers who is also member of this forum. Their work is highly recommended. Check their post by searching in members section. Archer lives in Canada. N2FHL lives in New Jersey.
    You can ask closest local watch servicers from where you live to our members in here,too.

5. timoss Jun 2, 2013

Perfect I am in NYC so I will look up N2FHL... thx