Forums Latest Members
  1. _heg Sep 1, 2015

Hello
    I confess I am new to vintage watches but have been doing my best over the past few weeks to get myself up to speed so I hopefully don't make any / too many daft mistakes!
    I've been all over the place looking at different pitfalls and hopefully starting to learn to spot fakes or dodgy repairs etc - I spotted a Seamaster cal 268 on eBay tonight that was different in a way I hadn't seen on any other Seamaster of this sort of period I'd looked at - it had no minute track on it and faded / streaked printing. The dial also looked very white.

here's the watch: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151770769588Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Would the watch have originally had a minute track on it? Has someone used some sort of solvent and rubbed it off when cleaning maybe? Is the printing just fading?

Just curious to broaden my knowledge! I had a hunt around but couldn't find any similar dial or explanation.
    Thanks

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 1, 2015

Yes, yes and no.

3. Willem023 Sep 2, 2015

+1
    probably an over-ambitious owner and/or watchman completely ruining the dial. Movement looks clean though, but others are more knowledgeable on this