Forums Latest Members
  1. Enginerd Sep 20, 2020

Hi all.

Have just recently acquired a 2531.80 Seamaster.
    When adjusting the bracelet links, do the pin and collars have to go back in a certain orientation?

I notice on the pin there is a marking one side of the pin.

Also should therr be two collars per link as I have taken some links off that only seem to have one.

Thanks.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 20, 2020

No, direction really doesn't matter. There should be 2 collars/tubes per link for the main replaceable links.

Cheers, Al

3. Enginerd Sep 20, 2020

Thanks Al.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 20, 2020

BTW, if you are looking for pins and tubes for this bracelet, just be aware that there are 2 versions. The older version uses different tubes than the newer version does, and these different bracelets are both the same reference numbers, so measuring the OD of the tubes is the only way to know which version you have.

The old version uses 1.2 mm OD tubes, and the new version uses 1.3 MM OD tubes.

Cheers, Al

vitriol likes this.
  5. Enginerd Sep 20, 2020

Thanks for the heads up. You'd have thought they would have kept them the same diameter. I hope my calipers are in calibration then!

To be honest, I'm sending the watch offer to omega for a full service as it is currently running at -17 seconds/day so I may ask them to put a brand new bracelet on if they still stock them as the current bracelet is a bit beat up.

6. Meme-Dweller Sep 20, 2020

direction doesn't matter, but from the factory, the marking is furthest away from where the arrow is pointing
    |__--->__| =====-=
    LINK...........PIN

Enginerd likes this.