Seamaster 2255.80 sweep second question

IMG_4924.jpeg IMG_4925.jpeg IMG_4926.jpeg IMG_4928.jpeg IMG_4929.jpeg Hi all,
I got this 2255.80 some weeks ago and I was surprised too see the tip of the sweep to be orange instead red as seen on most of the other variants of this model.

The watch came with box and cards from the first owner stating it was never off for service. It shows razor sharp edges and the wholes on the back seem untouched. So I figure this watch is unopened abd it is the first set of hands.

From other pics in the net it is hard to tell wether this reference allways had orange tips. Maybe we have others here with more insight that could confirm this? Or is it just faded red?

Any info appreciated!

Best, caselock

It’s very common for the red tip of the seconds hand to fade to orange from exposure to sunlight. Nothing to worry about. If it bothers you to not have red, send it to Omega for service and they will replace all the hands as standard practice during the service.

It’s very common for the red tip of the seconds hand to fade to orange from exposure to sunlight. Nothing to worry about. If it bothers you to not have red, send it to Omega for service and they will replace all the hands as standard practice during the service.

Thanks for the immediate reply! Just had the impression that there are other samples of orange tips on the net only on this reference. But the dark red ones are more common so a fade out is very likely...