Forums Latest Members
  1. Jammer May 20, 2014

Had delivery today of my replacement Seamaster 2123.40 that replaces my older quartz model. Very sleek in feel and just a very smooth touch to it. I was dreading taking out a bracelet link with the pins and tubes but very pleased that now have screws and pins. This task was a piece of cake. Calibre 2500 co-axial so will hope it to be the watch that keeps me happy until my demise.
    I think there must be a crystal / bezel film on for protection, should I remove or leave until it falls off. One other thing was the engraving on the bracelet clasp ( just omega with sign) my old one had all the other stuff on it professional Seamaster etc.
    jimmer

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 20, 2014

I have the 2220.80 and wear it nearly every day. I would remove the film from the bezel, just me. Congrats on the new watch, I think you're going to love it. Oh, and better get an avatar before one is assigned to you ;)

3. Jammer May 20, 2014

Thank you for the interest. I'm a little worried to lift off the covering off the crystal and bezel as I can not find an edge to lift it off. I may try a little blast of air. I know it sounds silly but this is brand spankers as my other one was older handed to me by my father about 2003 along with the slight dings. So extra careful on this. What a surprise to se screw pins for the bracelet, that makes life easier.
    Again thanks for interest. I have 4 tubes and 2 pins that I had for my old seamaster do you think any one would be interested. Also a bezel from a speedmaster in silver finish.
    jammer

4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 20, 2014

You can always try the Watch Parts and Accessories For Sale forum for the extra parts you have from the old watch.