Forums Latest Members
  1. pertjparn Oct 7, 2017

Hello guys, I'm a relative newcomer to the world of vintage watches and this is also my first posting here at the forums. I am looking at this Seamaster which is for sale at a retailer (which is probably better than a private person or eBay). What do you guys think?

Näyttökuva 2017-10-07 kello 15.52.32.png Näyttökuva 2017-10-07 kello 15.56.26.png Näyttökuva 2017-10-07 kello 15.59.40.png
  2. M'Bob Oct 7, 2017

Welcome. It may help a bit if you narrow the focus of your questions. I can't speak to the originality of the dial, which is most important to vintage collectors, but perhaps someone will chime in and address that. This case looks in reasonably decent shape. Does the watch run? Is there a return policy? Are you satisfied with the price it's being offered at? What information would be most important for you to find out?

3. pertjparn Oct 7, 2017

Well, the price is little under 800 USD (the watch is for sale in Europe). Is it a bit on the steep side? The originality of the dial interests me the most, certainly. And yes, it does run. Will have to ask about the return policy.

4. TropicConnie Oct 8, 2017

The caseback has been over-polished. Unless collecting an Omega "Seamast" is your thing, I'd pass. Nicer can be had for around the same price. That said, the dial is particularly nice and appears to be all original.

mydeafcat, mikechi22 and pertjparn like this.
  5. pertjparn Oct 8, 2017

Good point about the polishing, Black_Connie. Yeah, I think I will pass on this one. Thanks guys.

TropicConnie likes this.