Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 1961 - 2849 - Cal 503 - Gold Cap, Black Waffle Dial

1. Ken Madson May 26, 2016

I have had this Seamaster 2849 cal 503 for about a decade. Gold Cap with Black Waffle dial, calendar at 3. I purchased it and never wore it. It has original boxes and booklet.

Unfortunately it is not working and I don't really have any interest in sending it to Omega to get it working; cost of service will likely be more than the watch. This watch does not have sentimental value to me so there isn't any need for me to hold on to it. Best place to list? Are the parts worth more than the watch as a whole?

I understand it does not have an original crown or strap. Everything else seems to be original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance May 26, 2016

You can research sold prices on ebay . I would list it there with no reserve and let the market set the price. It's a nice looking piece. Should bring a fair value for it's listed condition. Are you saying that when you wind it it does nothing?

3. Ken Madson May 27, 2016

The second hand will move from time to time without rhyme or reason. Nothing remotely consistent and never more than a few ticks. I have been moving it around today and it moved probably a total of 60 seconds.

4. Ken Madson May 28, 2016