Forums Latest Members
  1. Enchanted Mar 29, 2018

Hi everyone!

Just had a very crazy day at work and decided to browse eBay and release some stress by looking at the new Omegas listed. (still looking for a pre-moon 145.022 that I can afford) Anyways, I stumble with this Seamaster and I start thinking "I do need a classy watch that I can look at when shitty days at work happen like today" Well, next thing you know, I'm placing a best offer and boom! It was an automatic buy. Now, maybe I overpaid, (too late to repair that) but I think its a nice looking watch. What are your thoughts? I should have asked for a pic of the caseback but I failed on that.

Anyways, hope everyone's day was good. Almost Friday right?

1omega.jpg 7omega.jpg 6omega.jpg 5omega.jpg 4omega.jpg 3omega.jpg 2omega.jpg
  2. BenBagbag Mar 29, 2018

I saw that too! Congrats. I think dial is original but I can't tell and it certainly is a bit unusual. Rare markers for sure. Nice linen-style dial.

Hands have been relumed but not the worst thing to get corrected.

I will wait for more experts so don't take my word for it but I think it's good.

3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Mar 29, 2018

Second hand is not original, minute and hour hands are short.
    Is there any lume on the indexes?

BenBagbag likes this.
  4. Enchanted Mar 29, 2018

Oh bummer. I actually thought the only thing that was correct was the second hand. No lume on the indexes for what I can see. I still dont have the watch here to inspect it better. I will post some more pics then.

Thanks

5. Enchanted Mar 30, 2018

The seller contacted me and its going to send me some pics of the case back to get the ref #. I think it might be ref 14745 something like this maybe?

omegaSM.jpeg
  6. ConElPueblo Mar 30, 2018

You are probably correct in your assessment of the reference - as @hoipolloi states, the hands are wrong and should be like on the one you pictured above.

Nice and uncommon dial variant! Will probably look great after a bit of spit and polish :)

7. Enchanted Mar 30, 2018

Thanks! It really feels good to have learned a thing or two from the forum. The seller sent me the case back pic and yes 14745! :) can't wait to baby it once I get it. Thanks for all your help guys!

8omega.jpg
  8. Enchanted May 28, 2018

A little update. Got the watch a while back and finally managed to sent it to get it clean and service and the correct hands by my watchmaker. However he seems to believe that the dauphine hands without the lume are correct for this watch. What do you guys think? Was I right above with the example of the white dial or could there be a variation for this ref that I haven’t been able to find?

Below the new hands.

Thanks

BECE1428-81D6-422D-83F6-BF190878DBF2.jpeg 71FB1309-8B3F-412D-9253-58166B7D7964.jpeg
    rkman11 likes this.
  9. rkman11 May 28, 2018

Really hard to say if the hands are correct, but looking at the unusual markers for 12, 3, 6, and 9, they completely go together! Being an unusual dial to begin with, I feel like they’re original and should be kept. Also, it’s stunning - enjoy!

10. Dan S May 28, 2018

11. ConElPueblo May 28, 2018

The hands are as the ones on the white dialed variety you posted earlier and as @Dan S has just posted. It would probably annoy me if it was my watch, but if you like the ones your watchmaker put on you should just keep them that way :)

Still a great looking catch!