Forums Latest Members
  1. avantnoire Apr 9, 2015

So a question for anyone who has had success in doing this..I have purchased from a reputable company here in the US what I am being told is the new factory replacement crown, part #: 069ST43248. Crown comes with a non threaded post, not the typical threaded variety. Has anyone ever taken apart the stock crown to see how it is assembled? I am wondering if I need to take apart both crowns and replace the inner post and stem?
    Appreciate any insight..
    Best,
    David

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 9, 2015

Well, that crown is shown as discontinued on the Omega Extranet, so can you post photos of the packaging it came in?

I can't speak to this crown specifically, but a crown that is not threaded to receive the stem would be quite unusual...

Cheers, Al

3. ketiljo Apr 9, 2015

I've seen some crowns that comes with the outer part of a split stem. Just unscrewed it and it worked fine. That was for a SMf300 by the way.

Edited Apr 9, 2015
  4. ketiljo Apr 9, 2015

That's the same as I had. The stem can be unscrewed.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 9, 2015

Most likely they have used Loctite thread locker to glue the female portion of the split stem to the crown. Applying very localized heat the split stem to break that bond before unscrewing would be helpful. Forcing it might cause damage to the crown, so go easy.

Cheers, Al

6. avantnoire Apr 9, 2015

Ah yes, it can indeed..now I need to rebuild the crown as loctite stronger on stem to sleeve than sleeve to crown...fun fun!
    Thank you for the advice!!