Forums Latest Members
  1. og16 Dec 27, 2019

Hi there,
    I just found this watch on ebay and really liked it.
    After receiving it I am wondering there is no number on the movement.
    I checked some picturs on the www and the details look simular to me, but maybe you can tell me more about this watch.
    Thanks in advance
    Olli

IMG_1128.jpg IMG_1137.jpg IMG_1127.jpg IMG_1131.jpg IMG_1133.jpg IMG_1132.jpg
  2. dra43b Dec 28, 2019

This is the first time I've seen this model with a blue dial. The minute track also looks poorly done. Looks sketchy.

3. OMEGuy Dec 28, 2019

The dial looks like a redial to me.

The movement serial number is obviously missing. Looking at your last picture, it should be in the circle above the "1020".

The movement needs a service.

4. og16 Dec 28, 2019

Is there a reason to remove the serial. Does the movement looks like a fake.

Olli

5. OMEGuy Dec 28, 2019

The serial number is printed on a small emblem inserted into the circle on the movement plate. This emblem has obviously fallen off.

The movement doesn't look fake, just a little bit tired.

janice&fred and og16 like this.
  6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 28, 2019

janice&fred, og16 and OMEGuy like this.
  7. og16 Dec 29, 2019

Thank you I will try to find a local store to get a service on this

8. Spec Dec 29, 2019

How much did you buy it for? The font also looks slightly off though I could be wrong?

9. og16 Dec 29, 2019

I bought it for € 400,-
    On the www I found different variation of this dail, I guess at least some of them are redails. orange.png mint.png

purple.jpg yellow.jpg gold.jpg green.jpg white.jpg red_light.jpg silver.jpg red.jpg blue.jpg black.jpg
  10. og16 Dec 29, 2019

on the yellow, green orange and white ones the SWISS MADE has more space in between than on the others

11. janice&fred Dec 29, 2019

I think the dial may be okay. these models, both with TV and round dials, are prone to bracelet failure so best to look real close at them. either there could be a weakness or outright broken first link, or we have seen individual links cracked from what appears like internal corrosion. in the Philippines it's common to see these style watches with cobbled up Seiko bracelet parts replacing worn original omega parts.

12. T. de Bakker Nov 9, 2022

I hope someone is still listening in this post but I was wondering if other than the circle with the emblem containing the serial number, there are other ways of having the serial number on the movement? Since I've seen some examples online that have it stamped in the case (see photo).
    Are these fakes or just another way (maybe a later or earlier way) Omega decided to display the serial number?
    I've been researching in order to buy one in the future any price range I should look out for? (not looking for the most prestine version a couple scratches are fine I'd accidently make them myself later on anyway :( )
    Thanks in advance for the help
    CAL 1020 stamped serial number 1.PNG CAL 1020 stamped serial number 2.PNG