Seamaster 14701 2 SC - Worth restoring?

Hi all

I've picked up a 14701 that spent a while in some water, completely rusted out. I have cleaned the movement and have replacement parts for that, but the dial was pretty badly damaged. It was covered in red rust and most of the dial markings have been removed.
This was a radium dial but has had the radium removed.

I am wondering your thoughts, do I bother bringing this dial back to life in the watch or is it too far gone to be desirable to anyone? If not I'll just let the rest of the watch sit in my spares until a new dial turns up one day or I need the other parts.

Keen to hear your opinions on what to do here!
7fSp7KW.jpeg

It would be good to see photos of the entire process and parts. I take this watch has no sentimental value otherwise you wouldn’t have asked so I wouldn’t bother in investing additional money as the watch itself is not particularly valuable.

I would just reassemble it and have a watch with a story to tell.

Yeah no sentimental value on this one. I was just able to pick it up cheap. And I agree the model is not desirable enough to invest money into, I just have to get a new crystal and then I'll throw it back together and get some photos.

The key original printing is still legible, so I would leave it as is.

Assuming that you are restoring this for yourself, I would wait for a replacement dial. If you want to sell it, someone might still buy it with this dial if the watch runs fine after you restore the movement.

Not restoring it for myself, I bought it to use the crown for another watch and restored this one for fun. In that case I will end up putting it back together with this dial and see how it goes sales wise.

Here's a small update.
The original movement was totally toasted from the salt water, instead of replacement parts I used a replacement 562 movement I had.
To be honest its not my favorite looking thing so when I come across a replacement crystal It might end up on ebay.
But then again, that would depend on the price as to me the movement is more valuable than this watch.
But we will see!

Hj3YWvS.jpeg
wbD8fa0.jpeg

New crystal and installed hands. Actually looks half decent for its history.
The scratch at 12 o'clock is a shame, now the decision is to leave the hands as is or to add a black enamel infill.
Considering two weeks ago it was a red rusted mess this is not a bad outcome and I guess one seamaster saved from the trash.
JKLJlTN.jpg