Forums Latest Members
  1. wwhntr Jul 31, 2012

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 31, 2012

The cal. 861 movement alone even if not running makes it worth it at the final price.

3. wwhntr Jul 31, 2012

Omega 145 (2).jpg OK, then if the non-running movement is worth nearly $800, what should the same watch with a 90-95% dial, recent complete service, and a little wear of the gold plaque at two lug bottoms be worth?

4. smithrjd Jul 31, 2012

Wow.. My 861 "soccer timer" should be worth a small fortune. Guess I should "put her up" and see where the money goes. I sure could make it look like S**T and stop it running. I guess it depends on where one advertises a watch as to it's interest.

5. ulackfocus Jul 31, 2012

That's the thing - the 861 isn't commanding what the 321 chronographs are. All they did was change out the column wheel and it lost much of the collector's appeal. ::confused2::

6. smithrjd Jul 31, 2012

Actually that is what I have seen examples of this watch sell for on ebay. It is usually the piece of S**T looking one that sells?? A good example with a buy it now sits.. Mine spent 30+ years in a drawer, another 30 it should be even harder to find. Althought perhaps the best move would be to ride it hard and put it up wet before being condemend to the drawer.

7. smithrjd Jul 31, 2012

I know that speedy complains about the lack of speedmasters, I would have to say that the forum is a bit slanted towards the Connies.

8. ulackfocus Jul 31, 2012

I'll never concede that.

.... no matter how right Patrick is. :p

9. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 31, 2012

Uh huh. I think 787 for that watch looks right. As Mike noted, the movement could probably be serviced and used without too much trouble, and I personally wouldn't mind wearing that watch if it were cleaned up a little. Well...if it were SS. Those of you with nice examples like it...I'll give you 900 each for yours. I kinda like those Seamaster chronos.

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 1, 2012

Personallly, I think it's a rather high price for the watch if it to become a project for someone. If one is just looking to part it out, or use it for spares on other cal. 861 watches, then it's probably an OK price.

To do this one up right is going to take quite a bit of money and possibly even more time. The results could be stunning or crap depending on the quality of the dial and case restoration

Me too. :) See, there is room for compromise between the Speedmasters and Constellations.

Take care,
    gatorcpa

11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 1, 2012

The Soccer Timers seem to be going for £1800 - £2500 in Europe if they are in good condition, especially with the original 1170 strap. Most of them are the grey faces as far as I can see. Maybe you should stick it out there & see if you get any bites ?

It would be nice to see a bit more Speedmaster action around here... :eek:

12. smithrjd Aug 1, 2012

Well I don't see those prices here in the US, but have seen alot of buy now dealer prices. Speedy, to me a bit low for my watch, but if you want to dump one of those Connie's we might talk..