Forums Latest Members
  1. JJJR Aug 14, 2020

New owner of this watch and first ever Omega. It was passed down thru the family. Would appreciate any advice or background on this model.
    Thanks

IMG_2451.JPG IMG_2456.JPG
    kaplan, Edward53, Josephez54 and 2 others like this.
  2. airansun In the shuffling madness Aug 14, 2020

Nice piece. Wish the photos were better.

Looks entirely original, hands, pushers & crown (from what I can see) and the dial looks really good for this generation.

The serial number will help pin it down (I can’t read it in the photo), but it’s around 1962.

Here are a couple from right around the same timeframe, although they are slightly different references.

959357EC-076F-419D-BCB0-B6D0B4F94B33.jpeg

The proportions on your dial are different than mine because your case is different. (Compare where the subdials’ outer edges fall near the outer minute track on yours and mine.)

I suggest a sympathetic service and a replacement band.

Welcome to a Omega Forum!

Edited Aug 14, 2020
    kaplan, vlaspri, lindo and 4 others like this.
  3. JJJR Aug 14, 2020

Thanks for your help.
    Much appreciated!

airansun likes this.
  4. Josephez54 Jan 18, 2021

Screenshot_20210110-163648_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210110-163706_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210110-163657_Gallery.jpg
    Dr No likes this.
  5. Josephez54 Jan 18, 2021

This is my pass down as well, it came to me in this shape. It's in the shop as of last August. With a little research, I discovered this watch is a 1961 Seamaster 14360 manual wind chronograph with column wheel, caliber 321. It was manufactured for only 1 year, yours look to be the same. That's all I've been able to find out so far. Would really like to know about how many were actually produced? If you discover any other info, please share.

6. Edward53 Jan 19, 2021

@JJJR that's a lovely watch to inherit, and quite a valuable one too. Please do NOT send it to Omega for servicing! Take the time to reasearch the dangers of the wrong person / company servicing it before you do anything with it.

EDIT: I see the original post was back last August. Oh well......!

kaplan likes this.
  7. JJJR Jan 19, 2021

Thanks for the advice. What are the issues with sending it to Omega for servicing? I'm new to this and haven't heard of issues with them but good to know before I do something with the watch.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 19, 2021

For vintage watches, Omega will often change parts on the watch (visible parts) that many vintage collectors would not want changed. There have been instances where Omega did this work without even notifying the watch owner, and sometimes that work cannot be reversed. In fact one of the prime examples was a watch similar to your that was sent to Omega, and Omega stripped and refinished the dial completely without asking, and after the owner had said they wanted the dial to stay original.

Have a look here:

Information requested for my Seamaster Chronograph | Omega Forums

For this reason, many vintage collectors would never send a vintage watch to Omega (or to most brands) for servicing.

kaplan likes this.
  9. kaplan Jan 19, 2021

Well here I am, getting upset that the dealer washed my car after a recall service even though I explicitly stated and marked for it not to be washed - and seeing that thread, something that major done without consultation ...

However they did an awesome job, kinda nice that such restorations are possible for those who wish them done

(Not really relevant to OP's thread, but didn't want to revive that old thread either)

10. JJJR Jan 19, 2021

Understand and appreciate you comment!