Seamaster 120 - With new Bezel

Good day, Omega fans,

As promised, this is my second of four (4) posts, highlighting my acquisitions. Today, I welcome your comments on the Seamaster 120. Cal 563 (17 Jewel), case, hands, and dial.

With this purchase, I received many service parts, crowns, and a new bezel which I believe is difficult to find.

The million-dollar question should I put a new bezel on the watch? and a watchmaker recommendation in Miami.

All/any feedback welcome.

Holy moly. You got a original bezel! That's rare.

Anyway, you should do what you prefer. I think I would keep the original bezel. It goes better with that dial. Maybe obtain a second 120 with a perfect dial and case but bad bezel and use the new one. Just some thought. Which parts did you get besides the crown and bezel?

Excellent find. I'd second @Shabbaz comments; leave that bezel on there. It doesn't look too bad. Perhaps get a pearl to put on it.

Holy moly. You got a original bezel! That's rare.

Anyway, you should do what you prefer. I think I would keep the original bezel. It goes better with that dial. Maybe obtain a second 120 with a perfect dial and case but bad bezel and use the new one. Just some thought. Which parts did you get besides the crown and bezel?

@Shabbaz I agree the new bezel will change the look and won't match the dial/case.
With regards to the parts I really don't know what I have. The above images have 6 plastic cases, I have another 50 of those!

Excellent find. I'd second @Shabbaz comments; leave that bezel on there. It doesn't look too bad. Perhaps get a pearl to put on it.
Thanks, @snunez can you buy OEM pearls? I like the vibe of the watch now so I think I'll just service and clean up.

Thanks, @snunez can you buy OEM pearls? I like the vibe of the watch now so I think I'll just service and clean up.

No. Omega doesn't have the bezel or the capsule (a.k.a. the pearl or pip).

Keep the watch as is, it’s lovely. Aftermarket pearls can be had on eBay- even “aged”, you just need to get the correct size (they are usually for subs) and have it affixed properly.
That NOS bezel is the first I have seen in years. Put it back in the package and think of it as a precious metal.

Keep the watch as is, it’s lovely. Aftermarket pearls can be had on eBay- even “aged”, you just need to get the correct size (they are usually for subs) and have it affixed properly.
That NOS bezel is the first I have seen in years. Put it back in the package and think of it as a precious metal.
Thank you for the guidance, will do.

I wonder how many PM's you received about one of those bezels, purely a scientific curiosity 😁

That's an awesome acquisition, I'd definitely not put the bezel on the watch, I regret not buying a bezel-less Seamaster 120 almost a year ago, I'd use it with a makeshift bezel, I could never use one with an authentic bezel, too afraid to lose it, this way you have a NOS bezel in case something happens to the original one, problem solved 😀 And you don't have to worry about ruining a perfect bezel

And another curiosity, this time a personal one, where/how did you acquire them?

And another curiosity, this time a personal one, where/how did you acquire them?
Thanks for the guidance, I'll keep the original and sell the new one to fund servicing.

How I purchased them is long story, in a nut shell an old building in Kingston, Jamaica .
Edited:

Given the overall condition, I don't feel that a bezel swap is warranted. I'd hold it back for now, or sell or trade it.

Afternoon all,

The SM120 is back from service. The watchmaker painted the hands (took it on himself!).

Im already looking for new hands but they prove difficult to find.

What should i do? Scrape it off?
Edited: