Forums Latest Members
  1. sid2446 Nov 22, 2015

Hi there,

Could anyone lend some advice to the Seamaster ref 167.073 pictured.

0.jpg

I understand this to be the 120 "deep blue", but see there is no reference to this on the dial (whilst some have the 120 printed below Seamaster). Is this normal ?

The dial and hand lume look to be original and matching (lume tip on second hand has blackened). This is meant to be an original dial and hands....

Any comments would be much appreciated.

2. cristos71 Nov 22, 2015

Both dial variations are normal, I don´t know if there are more of one type or the other. Personally I prefer the variation with depth rating.

To me the dial and bezel look good with a nice matching colour. The hands are correct but the lume on the hour and minute hands looks like it could have been relumed. I´m not sure though as this is a reference where quite a lot of variation can be seen between the lume colour of the dial and hands. Your example looks a little too pale to me, when there is a difference in colour with these then I´ve only ever seen darker hand lume, not lighter.

3. sid2446 Nov 22, 2015

Many thanks for your comments cristos.

Here is a link to a better photo which shows the lume clearer ; http://www.chrono24.co.uk/omega/seamaster-deep-blue--id3800237.htm

If I have it right you are saying the lume on the dial looks original but you are unsure on the hand lume ; particularly if it is lighter.

I would say the hand lume is very close to the dial and if anything a very slight touch darker (seen under a loupe). The second hand lume looks very dark so I took this as a sign the hands may not be re-lumed as I guess the second hand would have been done too.

I collect mainly Heuer but had a soft spot for the deep blue. This was an impulse buy yesterday at auction. Did my best to resist but my hand spasmed...