Forums Latest Members
  1. alfanator Mar 5, 2019

Lmk what ya got. Thx.

2. asrnj77 Mar 7, 2019

Looks like five currently for sale on watchrecon.com. I'm always leery of placing WTB posts because you're likely to get all the scammers blowing up your inbox.

3. Tubber Mar 7, 2019

That's a bit harsh. I got a really nice Matte dial Rolex 16750 GMT from a WTB on here. I have also answered a few and the posters were happy with the price and what they received.

bigsom likes this.
  4. asrnj77 Mar 7, 2019

Not meant to be harsh and I apologize if it came across that way but it’s sort of the way of the watch collecting world now. As a social experiment you can try posting “wtb Rolex Sub” and list your email address. Unfortunately you’ll get a lot of offers and pictures of other people’s watches.

I think I understand it more if there is a very specific need like WTB 3590.50 made in August 1992. But if it’s something that’s already for sale on the regular market I’d avoid the opening myself up to potential scammers

5. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Mar 7, 2019

Why on earth would you want to experiment by posting your email address, that would by an experiment in stupidity.

That’s why you post in the Forum. Anyone foolish enough to post their email address will get what they deserve. I’ve posted many WTB’s right here and had no issues with scammers other than the occasional PM asking for my email. If you have even a bit of common sense it’s easy to ignore those and focus on known members.

There is no reason to avoid posting WTB ads

marco likes this.