Forums Latest Members

Scurfa - Watchdaddy Bake-Sale

1. duc Jun 27, 2019

Team,

To help The Daddy, please consider the following. For your consideration is an early, Limited Edition Scurfa PVD. I bought one directly from the legend (Paul Scurfield) when they were available. As it wasn't getting enough wrist time, I decided to sell my first one to an enthusiast from the UK who missed the boat when they were available.

I was immediately sad about that decision. A while back, this one popped up for a king's ransom. It was worth every penny and still is. Some good detail is here:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/diver-one-s-s-auto-black-edition-3812122.html

This brings us to my decision to allow this piece to move on to the next stud manly enough to strap it on. Bear in mind, if Chuck Norris wore a watch, this would be it. I am moving this on a second time, much for the same reason I moved it along the first time. It doesn't get enough wrist time. As much as I would like to keep every watch I've ever purchased in my box, I am simply not that kind of collector. This watch deserves to be worn and abused. I'm not living up to the task, so with great reluctance, I am offering it up to the right person, worthy enough to wear it:

Mine, maybe yours if you are worthy:

4.jpg
    5.jpg
    These were $250 new, which is what I got for my first, when I reluctantly released it. I paid $350 for this one, It's only been worn a few times. It is in pristine condition. Despite it's ability to take a bashing, it has only been worn by me, basically an office engineer. I did press the issue with a few people once, while it was on my arm....not enough. It needs a new owner.

In support of watchdaddy, the fee is $300 delivered. You send money straight to the daddy at: [email protected]
    I send the watch to you insured, USPS Priority.

It comes in the Scurfa box, with a Toxic NATO Strap (Ninja Black of course).

Note - anyone from outside the US wants this, I'll ship it, but the price is $350 to the daddy.

I hope I didn't miss anything vital. If I did, PM me and we'll work it out.

Let's get this done for the daddy.

Charles duc Hall

DaveK, watchdaddy1, Als 27 and 7 others like this.
  2. larryganz The cable guy Jun 28, 2019

I'll bite if it's still available.

Als 27 and Lonestar like this.
  3. duc Jun 28, 2019

Hi Larry "Chuck Norris" Ganz. It's all yours.

We'll settle up by PM. Thank you for helping out.

Charles duc Hall

Als 27, sdre, Lonestar and 1 other person like this.
  4. larryganz The cable guy Jun 28, 2019

Money Sent!

5. Nathan1967 Jun 28, 2019

@scurfa

Great cause and a great Watch too!

Als 27 and duc like this.
  6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 28, 2019

Larry, if you're interested, I'll buy the Scurfa from you for $350 and send the money to mctheny.

Nathan1967, Lonestar, Als 27 and 2 others like this.
  7. larryganz The cable guy Jun 28, 2019

If I don't give it to my daughter's significant other or to my brother I would consider that - it's on it's way to me now. My plan was to give it away to a family member in need.

duc and blufinz52 like this.
  8. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 28, 2019

A great gift :thumbsup: Thanks for getting back to me.

9. watchdaddy1 Jun 28, 2019

You guys r too kind . WOW ! Appreciated doesn't describe my feelings. Thanks BOTH of you

larryganz, duc and blufinz52 like this.
  10. larryganz The cable guy Jul 2, 2019

Hey, it's here! I'm gonna stick it on the winder for a couple of days and check the timekeeping, but it looks good. I'll be looking for a black and yellow NATO for it, or maybe try a yellow Perlon or ISOfrane with it.

IMG_0382.jpeg

I originally thought I might give the Scurfa to my daughter's boyfriend, since he needs a casual water resistant sports watch, but he's not a watch nut. He enjoys the Citizen dress watch that I gave him in 2017 after college graduation, and it's so hassle free.

After some discussion my son, we think that her BF like one of my extra unworn Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster diver's watch more - a mechanical watch might gain or loose too much time for him, needs to be wound up and set when he will only wear it on the weekends, and it will need a costly service every few years (might be cheaper to replace the NH35A movement than to service it, not sure). Plus the Citizen still has 4 years of warranty left.

The Citizen is a duplicate watch that was going to be for my brother last year (we'd have matching watches), but instead I gave him one of my four Victorinox Dive Master 500 watches and one of my two Orthos Commander 300. I'll keep the Scurfa for now, but I suspect in a couple of years that it will be on my brother's wrist as well - he might be less afraid to wear Scurfa than the Orthos Commander 300 no date that he has turned into a safe queen (maybe only 100 of those were made in blue, and mine is black).

IMG_0386.jpeg

So the Citizen that I'll give my daughter's BF in a couple of weeks is the second from the left below (both watches on the left are identical, but mine is on a blue NATO). The Citizen in the middle was gifted from my son to me about 5 years ago and is staying.

The eco-drive chronograph on the blue rubber is going to my brother for his birthday this December (along with the original brown leather strap). My son received it after he earned his Eagle Scout rank 6 years ago, and although it is sentimental he'd like my brother to have it now. So, I guess we've taught him to be generous with his giving as well. I really like the watch box he gave me, with the glass in the lid so the watches can charge (have two boxes with 10 solar watches in them).

IMG_0338.jpeg

blufinz52 and duc like this.
  11. duc Jul 2, 2019

That Scurfa looks right at home on your wrist. :thumbsup: Plus, based on just the photos you added here, it looks to be in good company.

Your son got the bug early it sounds like. Mine was 25 or so before it got ahold of him. He has a very discerning eye though and has already snapped up a few of my favorites (Speedy, MKII, and an Ocean One GMT I was fond of).

Anyway, I'm glad it arrived unscathed.

Take care.

12. JwRosenthal Jul 2, 2019

larryganz and watchdaddy1 like this.
  13. larryganz The cable guy Jul 2, 2019

Thanks! Like I said, it will likely end up with my brother or my son (to replace the Citizen chronograph he's giving away).

watchdaddy1 likes this.