Forums Latest Members
  1. aesguerra Jul 27, 2018

I sheepishly admit that, in what can only be described as a severe senior moment, I flat out forgot my Seamaster had this feature.

Stop laughing. :p

40B20DFD-AAE4-4149-B423-C9E2BA005DE7.jpeg

I elected to synch up my watch this morning with my phone so I could measure it's accuracy, and for a good minute or two, I kept pulling at that damn crown... which obviously wouldn't budge since I hadn't unscrewed it. Pulling and pulling and pulling, with a fair amount of cursing in between each attempt. I had just begun to reach the wondering-if-something-had-crapped-out stage, when the cold truth of my ineptitude dawned on me. :cautious:

And then I had a good minute of laughing at my own stupidity. :D :D

Still laughing, huh? Eh... I deserve that. ;)

Cheers,

Alex

noelekal, Fritz, Dan S and 2 others like this.
  2. Dan S Jul 27, 2018

I once sold a watch with a screw-down crown to someone who had never seen or heard of such a thing before. He was upset when he got the watch and found that the crown was "stuck". It took quite some time for me to convince him that it was a "feature".

aesguerra likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 27, 2018

Inverse problem...

When I got my 3313 POC we tried to unscrew the pushers. Sorry none of my pics show the knurling on the pushers.

5E9AD0C8-37C1-4B67-8BDD-98C4410DEE8A.png

Edited Jul 27, 2018
    aesguerra likes this.
  4. Draven Jul 27, 2018

:D:D:D

aesguerra likes this.
  5. abrod520 Jul 27, 2018

Reminds me of when I bought my first S2000 years ago. When it debuted in 1999 as a 2000 model, it was one of the first road cars with a push-button start - it was a really big deal at the time: it's a huge red button to the left of the steering wheel that was prominently featured in marketing materials. So what do I do when I finally got into one? Turn the key and.... nothing. It won't go past the accessory detent. I was just about to ask the seller what was up when I caught myself and realized my dumb mistake.

Welcome to the difference between knowledge vs. experience :D

aesguerra, Dan S and Foo2rama like this.
  6. Dan S Jul 27, 2018

Oh, now you're making me think of many stupid things I've done. I rented a PT Cruiser one time (wait, I'm not even at the stupid part yet), and when I pulled up to a toll-booth, I couldn't figure out how to open the window. I think the button was on the dash, instead of the door. After a while I just sheepishly opened the door to pay the attendant.

adi4 and aesguerra like this.
  7. aesguerra Jul 27, 2018

I suddenly feel MUCH BETTER about my own moment. :p :D ;)

8. Draven Jul 27, 2018

I stupidly did the opposite, having only owned modern Omega screw down watches, on the first vintage 60s Seamaster I bought I tried to unscrew it before pulling it out::shy:: I didn't understand why there was no give.::facepalm1::

9. aesguerra Jul 27, 2018

Hahaha.

10. Huus Jul 27, 2018

Years ago my boss asked me to move the car of his missus out of the yard. I got in, started it and wanted to release the break handle. I can't find it, I looked on both sides of the seat, in front of the seat, all over the dash, pushed and pulled every button and lever I could find, nothing. So I thought stuff this, he won't know, revved the engine up and drove it down the driveway (with some difficulty), parked near the kerb, and got out. First thing I see is 2 big skid marks all the way down the drive to where I had parked:eek:. Bossman was not impressed::rant:. The hand break turned out to be a button in the footwell.

Dan S and aesguerra like this.
  11. Draven Jul 27, 2018

Wow, brilliant!

aesguerra likes this.
  12. abrod520 Jul 27, 2018

Oh that's nothing. That's an unfamiliar car with a weird layout, anyone could make that mistake. Me? I was (am) a car nerd. I read all the articles. Saw all the marketing. Even had a brochure back when those were still a thing. And I still made that dumb mistake

Foo2rama, Dan S and aesguerra like this.
  13. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jul 27, 2018

The car I drive is a Mazda 3. I had it for about 6 months before I realised that I didn't have to click the fob to unlock it, just press the button on the door handle (as long as I had the keyfob in my pocket). At around the same time I realised I didn't have to lock it by pressing the fob. It does it automatically when I get a certain distance away. I've now had the car almost 5 years, and I'm sure there are some things it does that I don't know about. At some point I must RTFM thoroughly.

Oh, and does anyone know how to test if the automatic collision avoidance is working? I mean, I know it's supposed to take over and apply the brakes if you get too close to a car in front, but how do you test that :eek: Same with the intelligent cruise control. I mean, barreling into a wall or the back of another car will prove it ain't working (or turned off). What a dilemma :confused:

14. alam Jul 27, 2018

Fortunately, you did not reach for your toolbox and grabbed you favorite set of needle pliers.... :)

15. aesguerra Jul 27, 2018

Amen to that!!! ::bleh::