Forums Latest Members
  1. Dombo63 Mar 18, 2016

I have had my Moonwatch for six months, bought new in September. During that time it seems to be picking up a lot of little scratches, nearly all between the 2 and 5 o'clock markers on the hesalite, on the curved part as you look sideways on. I can only imagine this is from shirt cuffs but is this normal? I have used polywatch a couple of times and I do a sedentary desk job, take it off for showering, gardening etc, so it is not abused as a tool watch.
    Just wondering if anybody else has this level of scratching occur?

2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 18, 2016

I've had my hesalite Speedy for less than a week and treat it as if the crystal were made of soft cheese. At normal viewing distance I don't see any scratches, but under a loupe I see a surprising number of scratches, though uniformly distributed all over. It could be from cuff buttons as you say, and I also suspect shirt-tail tucking is a culprit because of fly zippers and fly buttons. Just today I heard an inadvertent click between the crystal and the fly button on my jeans. I know I need to order some polywatch, muy pronto.

3. Exarkun12 Mar 18, 2016

I've had mine for a year and I don't notice any scratches, though I don't inspect it under a loupe...

4. italy1861 Mar 18, 2016

If I can't see it with my eyes, I don't want to be bothered by it. The first time I looked at one of my watches under a loupe was the last. Polywatch is a must for hesalite.. :thumbsup:

noelekal likes this.
  5. edw3 Mar 18, 2016

Your watch and its crystal are supposed to show wear. Live!

noelekal likes this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 18, 2016

Between 2 and 5 can't be shirt cuffs unless your a lefty

Putting your hands in your pocket. Polywatch it when they get that bad it's annoying otherwise it's the cool thing about hesalite.