Forums Latest Members
  1. marty1990 May 23, 2016

So I purchased my first Omega - a SMP300 ceramic from Goldsmiths in the UK. I bought it online and took it to my local jeweller, who is knowledgeable regarding watches, and asked them to remove some links. They said they'd do it but were hesitant in case they scratched it, so said to go back to Goldsmiths. I did, they took it out back to wherever, and 40mins later it came back resized. And guess what? They scratched one of the links.

It's not awful, it's clearly a scratch from a screwdriver, but I hadn't noticed till I got home.

Wondering whether it's worth buying a replacement half link and fitting it myself? I realise it'll cost a fair bit and the watch bracelet will get scratched over time, but right now is only a few days old...

I think the part I'm looking for is OME-115ST1515 on Otto Frei.

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 23, 2016

I think you've answered your own question. Why spend more of your own hard-earned money?

Have you first tried asking Goldsmiths to make it right?

marty1990 likes this.
  3. marty1990 May 23, 2016

I considered that but it's that small, it's probably not noticeable to anyone other than me. This is my first Omega so being a little protective.

Just a bit annoying really.

EDIT: is this the correct one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331861652631Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Edited May 23, 2016
  4. DIV May 23, 2016

If you even consider the possibility of purchasing another watch with a pin link clasp, the Otto Frei link tool is invaluable...and make sure you have all the insert lenghts....unless you're not into DYI bracelet sizing....I like to do it and I occasionally will do it for a friend as well....

marty1990 likes this.
  5. marty1990 May 24, 2016

For now I'm happy with my SMP, but thanks for the tip.

Can anyone advise if the above is the correct half link I need?