Forums Latest Members

Schwarz Etienne Brand, What Do You Guys Think?

1. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 21, 2012

For newer brand, I always like Chronoswiss especially the Lunar series (like Dennis').

Today I was offered an interesting watch called Schwarz Etienne which reminded me of Chronoswiss. It seems SE has designed and produced movement since 1902 but since 1992 they produced the whole watch so I categorize it as 'newer brand'.

This is their website link: http://schwarz-etienne.ch/

And this is the watch that they offered me (USD 2,300, pre-owned, I assume they use ETA 2892)

Schwarz Etienne Roma Lunar.png
    What do you guys think?

cicindela likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2012

Before I comment I'd like to see the movement. It probably is an ETA with a calendar module on top.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 21, 2012

How come the date pointer isn't pointing to an actual date in the picture?

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 21, 2012

I think so. 21 Jewels, 28,800 vph with 44 hour power reserve sounds an ETA 2892 to me. Does Chronoswiss have in house movement?

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 21, 2012

NIce catch. I took the picture from their website. I did not have the chance to take picture in the store.

6. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Oct 21, 2012

They've only just introduced an in-house movement in the past few years, they tend to use ETA movements as a base and heavily modify them (much more so than the general "let's stick our name on the rotor and call it our own" approach that too many brands take). The shop I worked at sold Chronoswiss for a while, they made some lovely products, but they didn't really sell, and one of their more unusual pieces had chronic reliability problems.

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 21, 2012

Yes, too bad. it is very difficult to fine one in Jakarta,too. I really like their upscale looks and feel. Unfortunately their product is under marketing ,not helping them moving stock and build fan base.