Forums Latest Members

Schumacher Speedy with Newman Dial

1. Brad737 Mar 13, 2023

Hello, all.

I have a couple Omegas, a Speedy Pro Moonwatch and a Bond Seamaster Pro. I’d like to add a nice chrono with a Panda dial. In a perfect world, I’d like a Paul Newman Daytona, but $17 million for a watch is quite beyond my price range.

I’ve found the Schumacher Speedmaster, which really looks a lot like the Rolex. [​IMG]
    But the Paul Newman Daytona came with an “exotic” dial with Art Deco numbers on the sub-dials.

[​IMG]

Is there an Omega model with this style of dial, or is the Schumacher as close as I’m going to get?

Thanks,
    Brad

2. richiv Mar 13, 2023

3. Brad737 Mar 13, 2023

4. blueteg Mar 13, 2023

A competent watch maker can probably order you a black tachymetre bezel to keep the watch on theme with a racing inspired chrono.

5. JwRosenthal Mar 13, 2023

Those numerals were done by Singer who made the dials for Rolex. Singer did dials for several other well known brands at the time and I have seen that font used elsewhere but it’s not common. I’m not aware of any major brand on the market currently that uses that font or dial layout, possibly there is a micro-brand who does.

SC1 likes this.
  6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 13, 2023

Well, that was for Paul Newman's Paul Newman Daytona. I think you can find a nice 6239 for $100K or so. More in your price range maybe.

McKnife and SC1 like this.