Forums Latest Members
  1. Canuck Mar 18, 2016

2. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Mar 18, 2016

Will tick up to over £1K territory with bidding. Not a looker though is it.

3. Canuck Mar 18, 2016

But IIRC, there were some 25 bids, and yet the price?

4. Perseus Mar 18, 2016

The auction still have 4 1/2 days left. Many people wait until the very end, or use a eBay sniper program.

5. AdoM7 Mar 18, 2016

It is legit

6. Hands90 Mar 18, 2016

It's an auction so I'm sure it's going to go up in price. They are also based in Japan. Lots of pre-owned pieces are out of Japan.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 18, 2016

Remember these are reduced watches at 39mm

8. Canuck Mar 18, 2016

That reduced size is a disadvantage? Those of us that already own one, generally quite like them, smaller size aside! I even had sort of an inkling that I might just bid on the Shumacher! But not being wise to buying on eBay, and dealing with PayPal, I'll stand pat!

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 18, 2016

No just pointing it out, that it is not a pro, and why the price seems low compared to professionals.

10. Canuck Mar 18, 2016

Pointing out the smaller size doesn't help those who know and don't care or to those who don't know and don't care! Those that know and care about the smaller size, one way or the other, don't need the advice. I know it's not a Speedmaster, and I don't care! I like the reduced!

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 19, 2016

Get defensive much?

12. Canuck Mar 19, 2016

So, you are the only one who is allowed to be a bit opinionated?

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 19, 2016

Not at all. But you seem to be reading something into the post that's not really there, at least the way I read it. All he did was say it was 39 mm.

The fact is despite the rant, many people do believe these are Speedmaster Professional models in error. You left out the people who don't know, but would want to know. As he said he was just pointing this out - I don't think there was any ill-intent there.

14. Canuck Mar 19, 2016

The only people wo don't know but would (or might?) want to know would likely only consider the smaller size a disadvantage if they spoke to someone who TOLD them it was a disadvantage! Someone with a negative attitude toward the reduced! I know of no other Omega watch that gets such negative feedback!

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 19, 2016

"Remember these are reduced watches at 39mm"

What disadvantage are you seeing here in the post that has you so riled up?

16. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Mar 19, 2016

Some astonishing touchiness here! There are many instances where a 'junior' version of a product attracts a loyal following and there's nothing wrong with that. Consider that what someone is construing as an 'anti-Reduced' view is really just an expression of appreciation of the original product, i.e. what we call today a 'Professional'. The Prof is so much more satisfying, but it doesn't mean that a Reduced is something greatly inferior, like a Seiko or such-like. Anyone who knows both the Prof and the Reduced knows that if they could only own one, it would be the Prof every time.

17. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 19, 2016

Look here is why I said it. I own a Speedmaster date, I got it not knowing it wears small. It just does not work on my wrist. A lot of people have purchased reduced/date/racing models not fully aware that they are smaller.

The price was good but still had 4 days left in bidding, last I checked Schumachers are somewhat common and not in huge demand so the price was not surprising, if it had been a professional with the higher prices attached it would have surprising to me.

The reduced/date/racing watches are great but they are wrongly imho undervalued. This is one of the better Schumacher editions, I felt the need to point it out so someone else would not make a less informed purchase like I did.

Side note on this watch... I thought the case back on these said Schumacher.

Archer likes this.
  18. trama Mar 19, 2016

Thread needs pics...and fast! image.jpg

19. lillatroll Mar 19, 2016

Love this model, would buy the yellow one on the leather strap. They are quite reasonably priced at the moment, even with box and papers they don't go for much. I also think that Hondinkee, or some other watch site, tipped them as future classics. Not that I put much stock in such predictions, but they do seem to have some sway in the watch world.

20. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 19, 2016

The Speedmaster Pro models do, the Reduced don't.

While this is nice, the lack of the original collectible box will keep the price down a bit.

Still a nice watch if you like red.

deleted - "replacement strap and"

Edited Mar 20, 2016