Forums Latest Members

Scammer Alert: $5K Speedy - Chris Popkin / [email protected] / 754-300-9134

1. WatchVaultNYC Jun 6, 2018

So this guy who calls himself "Chris Popkin" buys a Speedmaster from me. He then gives me at least 4 calls to verify the status of his order. Once it was received I got an "unauthorized purchase" dispute from Paypal. Now of course I knew that this guy placed this order, because he called me 4x! I was thinking that he probably just had buyers remorse. Since we have such great customer service I was going to tell him, "hell just send it back I'll refund you no problem". So I called him back, and then "Chris Popkin" says, in a very flat and even voice:

"You have got the wrong number" and hung up the phone.

Hell if I got the wrong number, I got your caller ID! So I call Paypal and tell them that this was an attempted scam. Same guy I spoke to 4x now doesn't know who I am. Eventually I won the dispute and the money was freed up by Paypal. But this was a scam attempt for sure.

Be careful out there!

BenBagbag likes this.
  2. OmegaRolex Jun 6, 2018

Make sure the customer emails you multiple times before you ship out the watch and you have everything in writing. The power is in your hands until you ship out the watch.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 6, 2018

4. dwboston Jun 6, 2018

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 6, 2018

If you have it on the PP account, the you don't really need it from the caller ID...