Forums Latest Members

SCAMMER ALERT: 2 Well knows sellers being ripped off by a scammer!!

1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 4, 2018

Guys,

Been contacted by a guy through my site looking for a Snoopy. He has been offered a watch from a guy using an email but without the 'S' in the ACTUAL LEGIT sellers emails. He is also using these sellers photos.

EMAILS TO LOOK OUT FOR!

[email protected]
    [email protected]

Rgds

Darren

2. bjmcfp Feb 2, 2018

Guy selling a Monte Carlo. Had plenty of references. Very charming. Went by Brad Clement. Told me some BS about not being able to speak on the phone since he had hearing aides....yaddda yadddda yaddda.

Told me not to worry and that I would be happy right after i wired him the money. Also got confused
    : and changed his state of residence and some other facts as i pressed for more info. I am sure he got one person with the scam. if you see a watch being sold for 10% under market from a low post count seller.....and you don't run....well you may just deserve what is coming:)

References used in this scam above include:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

All run by the same guy. Never wire without recourse or reputation.

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 12, 2018

There is also a guy (Phillip F.) based in Oz that I have been in chat with over on whatsapp who has nearly been scammed over a Speedy Tuesday thats doing the rounds!

It makes legit sellers/buyers unable find confidence to deal with the good guys!

DO YOUR DUE-DILIGENCE!

If you are unsure of anyone ask the forum for feedback, we don't bite. :)

Diabolik, Steve cawthorne and Phill like this.
  4. Honza Feb 23, 2018

Thanks for sharing

5. speedyproftw Feb 24, 2018

"Fake Tony G" ([email protected] ... no "s") just tried to sell me a watch that was sold on Chronotrader last year. He didn't even bother to change the text from the original sellers posting! I've dealt with the real Tony G. before (SDWatches), and he's great.

6. speedyproftw Feb 24, 2018

I asked for his phone number to send him my bank details (yeah right!) and he gave me this number: 619-497-9741. I assume it's tied to Skype or Google Voice, so who knows where this guy really resides. From his writing, I would guess he is not a native English speaker:
    "Thanks for your offer but I’m not out for trade because this watch is under consignment with me. So let me know if you will be interested and send me your full postal detail."

7. Phill Mar 1, 2018

Thanks for the seamless transaction and open communique. 100% satisfied.

8. MAbbott May 24, 2018

We have also been contacted by "[email protected]." I suggest checking the email accounts thoroughly, and if it is a business, call the phone number on their site to confirm.

9. Millenary Watches Nov 30, 2018

Thanks for the heads up. Be careful out there folks! Sad to see.:(

10. Luxostore Jun 24, 2019

In my little garden, i have drafted a list of scammers and crooks( some fakes or franken sellers too):

Andrea Mia
    Turbines and
    Claudio Napoletano
    LMW Rimini
    Roberto Galoppi
    Andrea Gabrielli
    Tommaso Bombardiere
    Vincenzo Sorvino
    Joseph Dubois
    Juri Incerti
    Raffale Rosanova
    Marchetti Ferruccio
    Teresa Baresi
    Sergio Marchionni
    Vintagewatchport
    Nelson Tang
    Fornaceto Gaetano
    Elena Poggio
    Michele Bombardieri
    Pierpaolo Rossi
    Giuseppe Cammardella
    Shane Turner
    Colombani Michel
    Michel Vittini

Most of them operate via FB or IG

Hope can help :)

11. ttay007 Sep 23, 2020

Any time they have a Google Phone number, no residence you can check out, or most commonly and always present...the story is elaborate (the "can't talk on the phone things was solely to not give out his/her telephone number of course), excuses upon excuses to simple questions/requests, and even just too much "fluff" or talking nervously (I find crooks love to over-sell, so let that be a red-flag too, adding in sad stories about disabled children (no shame), sick wives w/cancer, now parents or siblings w/Covid... it's Always BS). Run, there's too many honorable people to risk it. Scams in our hobby have skyrocket w/Covid, so ask the same question 3 different ways and listen for the inconsistencies, as a liar can't remember his/her lies. Look, I personally know 6 dealers who've had guns held to their heads, a guard shot at my AD and the complaint employees beaten almost to death, another's car shot up by 4 assailants just targeting his briefcase w/watches in it...so if anyone thinks some conman won't capitalize on this time where cops can't leave their offices, think again. And u can always ask for ID; anyone not willing to share ID should not be trusted..and it's funny to listen to their BS. Pure LLPOF (liar, liar, pants on fire...); bottom-feeding, low-lifes. Also, ask them there there located & if their w/the watch and listen. If they confirm, ask them to turn "on" gps for their phone camera, and take all new photos and email to you, then open w/gps location app; works well too. Anyone who won't, crook. Or if they say, I don't know how, BS. Tell them you'll walk through how to pus the one button, and you'll never hear from them again. Good luck...Just a few ways but their "stories" will give them away, at least to me first & forest.

12. ttay007 Sep 23, 2020

...They're w/the watch (darn spell checker)

13. ttay007 Feb 21, 2021

Thank you for working to keep "real-collectors" men & women safe

14. Migghe Feb 21, 2021

Hello, everyone,

Thank you for accepting this forum.
    I would like to make a detailed description of what is written a little higher by luxostore.
    I've been professional for over 12 years, I've been a collector for over 20 years.
    I don't understand why I'm quoted in a scammer list when I don't know at all luxo blind. I never heard of him and I never made a deal with him! I sent him messages to understand his post but no answer.
    The only person not honest is him. Everyone on other forums and facebook page or Instagram know that I am an honest and serious person.
    I hope that I have an answer and explanation from this gentleman.
    Best regards everyone
    Michel Colombani

bazderome and nicocabot like this.
  15. lexieb007 Feb 21, 2021

This is one of the reasons a collector is best to stick to vintage - though you really need to spend weeks/months researching the details
    Scammers can be "found out" when questioned on the specifics of vintage
    Genuine collector sellers come back right away with the correct answers.

16. nicocabot Feb 21, 2021

Hi guys not here often but as soon as my friend michel told me that someone is publicly trying to discredit him, I couldn’t resist to ask for some explain by this « luxostore »
    Did he had a bad experience with him about something ? Please express yourself sir , cause saying that this man is not a trusted guy is to me, or a misenderstood (it happens), or a liar (incomprehensible...)
    Im a collector for now more than 20 years , know almost all the good ,the sometimes good , and the bad sellers from all over the world , and by times michel became a true friend only because one thing: he is an honest one word man ,lover of watches ,not at all a money lover! Ask the collectors and professionals around you ! No bad feedbacks at all! Just because he is not that type of guy... At all...
    Hope to find out soon what s going on with answers from Luxostore !

Take care of you and your speedy’s!

Nicolas

17. Luxostore Feb 22, 2021

Good morning, everyone,
    This morning I had the opportunity to talk to Michel Vittini, a French dealer who is also a friend of Michel Colombani.
    This is what happened in 2017/18.
    I was contacted on FB by someone who had Michel Colombani as his profile name, who tried to sell me a fake watch, asking for payment on a bank account in the name of Michel Vittini.
    I, noticing the attempted scam, blocked and reported the profile, and then included such names in my list of scammers.

As we may have discovered, someone deliberately used their names to gain credibility or at least to discredit them.
    So I'd like to apologise to them directly, but I've only put the names of those who contacted me with bad intentions on that list, and I've put them here to avoid any nasty surprises.

18. brownwld Feb 25, 2021

Hi guys.

I was sent a PM regarding my WTB Omega Alaska Project thread.
    See here:
    2.png

So I contacted the email address and I was given an offer of full set Omega Alaska Project Speedy for 5600 USD. (not bad :D)

I googled the mail address and I found this: https://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/198.181.163.117 from here I took the username Groun55 and googled it. I found: https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/threads...55-his-friend-has-every-part-you-need.556049/

I think it is a scam... So I just wanted to let you know.