Forums Latest Members

Saw this perpetual calendar globemaster can’t help but post it

1. Walrus Mar 18, 2023

I’m sure it’s been shown before here but this is on Reddit and just really catches my eye. Are they as nice as I imagine them? I forgot what they are asking I think it might have just been someone sharing a watch but darn so interesting

6CCEB5F5-C1C7-40E2-BA5B-D6572962207B.jpeg

ChronoB, Ron_W, Spruce and 7 others like this.
  2. Walrus Mar 18, 2023

Sorry meant to say annual calendar I was overly excited

3. hen Mar 19, 2023

The Globemaster does that to me as well!

4. Aroxx Sets his watch Mar 19, 2023

I think it’s a bit strange. If a calendar watch has the month then it needs the day as well in my opinion. I’m much more likely to forget what day it is than the current month.

Tekashi_145.022 likes this.
  5. Walrus Mar 19, 2023

Ooh good point by the 15th I usually have the month committed to memory but I often have to have a self conference about the day.

Pun, Aroxx and Dsloan like this.
  6. Thommas Mar 19, 2023

Date window at 6, no? Or are you asking for a day of the week feature? Too much work setting if you’re not wearing daily after that…

7. Aroxx Sets his watch Mar 19, 2023

Yes, day of the week. For me it’s a progression of features. Date only, then Day/Date, then Day/Date/Month. Setting isn’t so bad. Day is easier than the date. Any collector getting a calendar watch signed up for it.

Tekashi_145.022, Pun and Thommas like this.
  8. Dsloan Mar 19, 2023

I think it's kinda elegant to see and be reminded of the progression of the year. Time's sort of the ultimate independent variable in our lives, and I like being mindful of it.

That's said I do agree I wish there was a way for me it to be a triple date without ruining the balance of the dial.

noelekal and Lug like this.
  9. Walrus Mar 19, 2023

That is one of the handful of reasons I collect watches. Wearing a watch makes me feel like I’m participating in time not merely observing even though it’s just a man made measurement of something we don’t really understand, or maybe I don’t understand.

10. SlowhandBuzz Mar 21, 2023

The Globemasters are pretty underrated in my opinion

steversaurus and noelekal like this.
  11. gbesq Mar 21, 2023

I’m not a fan of the annual calendar, but the blue dial Globemaster in steel is VERY underrated. Gorgeous watch. I do wish that Omega had done a better job with the bracelet. It has an awkward butterfly clasp and there are no half links or micro-adjustment, so it can be difficult to get a good fit. On the other hand, the entire bracelet is a satin finish instead of high polish which makes scuffs and scratches far less noticeable.

12. Syzygy Mar 21, 2023

If it's not Saturday or Sunday, it's just Monday....Monday #1, Monday #2, Monday #3.....easy peasy.

TrboDieselPwrd, Dsloan and Aroxx like this.
  13. Aroxx Sets his watch Mar 21, 2023

The retired folk can simply further. Every day is Saturday. Done.

Syzygy likes this.
  14. steversaurus Mar 22, 2023

Agreed. They hit a lot of great notes, but for some reason, don't get the love that they deserve.

15. Evitzee Mar 22, 2023

An Annual Calendar is an answer to a question no one thought to ask, the market wasn't clamoring for such an invention when Patek Philippe dropped it on the market in 1996. It was basically a marketing invention to sell an upgraded version of a calendar watch but at a much cheaper price than a full fledged perpetual calendar. The mechanism is a lot simpler than a perpetual calendar movement, and Patek charged about $18k for its first version in 1996 vs ~$40k for the perpetual calendar model. A new market niche was born. I've had a few annual calendars over the years, including a PP Ref. 5035 (their first model), but never could bond with them, the complication just wasn't that big a deal, imo. If you are going complicated I prefer to go all the way with a full perpetual calendar. More money but more satisfying. But many people like the idea of the Annual Calendar, and that's fine, too.

16. WatchTimes Mar 22, 2023

Im not a fan, the dial just looks so busy.
    BUT
    That's just my worthless .02 cents. and why they make it as there are plenty who don't agree with me LOL