Forums Latest Members
  1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 12, 2015

Hi all,
    We are going to be heading over to Santiago, Chile soon. Any suggestions for watch shops, or other antique/vintage stores/areas?
    Daniel

2. panchoskywalker Aug 14, 2015

Well, I am from Santiago. In Providencia district, just in the intersection of the streets Providencia and Bucarest there's a gallery with a lot of antiques stores, some of them have watches. No sure about the price convenience as I am kind of new to watch world. Nearest subway station is "Los leones".

Let me know if you find something interesting.

Good luck

citizenrich likes this.
  3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 14, 2015

Gracias.
    We will be staying in El Golf, so not far away. We get there in a few weeks, so I'll check it out.

4. panchoskywalker Aug 14, 2015

You're welcome. El Golf is nice and a good location.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 2, 2015

Any other suggestions?

6. panchoskywalker Sep 2, 2015

Downtown, next to plaza de armas, there's a small gallery called "pasaje matte" it is full of watch shops, new watches, but you can ask, you might find something but I'm not sure. Also you might type "relojes antiguos" on mercadolibre.cl.

Here's an article about watch makers in santiago, if you can read spanish.:

http://diario.latercera.com/2011/09...-regresivo-de-los-relojeros-de-santiago.shtml

I will let you know if I find more information.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 8, 2015

Checked this out today. Big antiques market, with dozens of separate small stores. I saw literally thousands of lose vintage movements, dials, etc. there were also hundreds of watches, but nothing that appealed to me. Heaps of pocket watches of all sorts of brands.

8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 9, 2015

Santiago is wonderful city, isn't it?

I'm a big fan of both Santiago and also Lima, Peru.

I've a terrific watch "broker" in Santiago who purchases estates but he's like us with regards to him being more of a collector than an actual dealer.

For some reason, there seem to be some dynamite vintage and antique watches and jewelry in Santiago.

I tend to generalize a lot and generally South America has the crappiest watches in the world outside of say, India.

It's embarrassing most of the crap and garbage that comes out of Argentina and Brasil - beautiful culture, hot wimmins great food (especially, Argentina) but butt ugly watches. Serious shit.

The Pacific side is the polar ( does that work? Lol) opposite.

I would look around and use "blue dollars" for your purchases. Or, convert to US dollars - the USD is still king in S.A.

Ask cab drivers and jewelry stores to point you in the right direction.

7 or 8 of the best vintage watches I've purchased have come from Santiago..,

Edited Oct 9, 2015
  9. Delbok Feb 25, 2018

Hi guys, I am planning a trip to Santiago in a couple of weeks and was wondering if some of you had nice experiences and wanted to share some of the dealers or shops you found ?

I will post pictures if some of us are interested ! Thanks !