Forums Latest Members
  1. Interstatetime Aug 13, 2016

Just bought this Heuer 2446C and thought it was worth actually getting out the "real" camera and lighting it in the studio...but for a wrist shot I just used the iPhone. I think both shots look OK.

JohnCote

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TexOmega, ahartfie, pitpro and 13 others like this.
  2. alam Aug 13, 2016

Looks good :thumbsup: and ::love::

WatchVaultNYC and Interstatetime like this.
  3. Steve88M3 Aug 13, 2016

Like photographing Heidi Klum - you can't fail!

pitpro and Interstatetime like this.
  4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 13, 2016

It has a little to do with the guy behind the lens too

Darlinboy, pitpro and Interstatetime like this.
  5. Interstatetime Aug 13, 2016

Thanks Lou...I guess practice makes...at least better and better...never perfect.

JohnCote

6. rcs914 Aug 13, 2016

[​IMG]

ummm...

shishy, Lukeeesteve, pitpro and 2 others like this.
  7. bristnj Aug 14, 2016

Killer John! I'd say that's your Heuer Find of the Year! Don't let that beauty be a safe queen now, strap her on and enjoy it!!! Congratulations - Jeff

8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 14, 2016

That is one fine example!

I use nothing but an iPhone for all my watch photography. They serve quite well I think, as your photo so aptly demonstrates.

Interstatetime likes this.
  9. Interstatetime Aug 14, 2016

Thanks very much for the kind words. I love my iPhone as a camera too. Most of my watch shots are done with it. However, I take photos for a living too and when I have the studio set up already or when I want to do something special I will use the big/real camera. It does take a much better photo but it also requires a lot more work...mostly because you can see the flaws better so you need to work to get rid of them by making the lighting more perfect. Watches are a pain in the A$$ to shoot.

JohnCote

ahartfie, Nobel Prize and Darlinboy like this.
  10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 14, 2016

In my opinion if you can't, take it with an iPhone, you can't take it. All iPhone pics:

IMG_3464.jpg IMG_2762.jpg IMG_2749.jpg IMG_2656.jpg IMG_2585.jpg IMG_2267.jpg IMG_1918.jpg IMG_1823.jpg IMG_1569.jpg IMG_1329.jpg IMG_1301.jpg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  11. Interstatetime Aug 14, 2016

I love all of the above photos but I must strenuously disagree. As I said, I am working professional photographer. I love my iPhone as a camera...but it can't measure up to a real camera with real lenses. It is a great tool. Perhaps the best thing about it is that it is with you all of the time...But...as a tool to take pictures it has a very limited range of options and possibilities compared to an real camera. No matter how hard I tried or how much skill I had my clients would not buy iPhone photos for most of what I do.

JohnCote

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 14, 2016

I too am a professional photographer. Or at least a photographer professional engaged and paid for...although I do not dedicate all my time to it. A few members have been nice enough o purchase some of my work (sergiomaclean.smugmug.com)

2 of those pictures, the Kiss (specially since I've made over 20G with that one alone) and the Taxi have given me several awards and earned me a few grand.

Of course you can do more, control more and take better pictures with a Camera (in my case a Canon 1DX). The Sensors have better quality, the depth of field is controlled. IT's Sharper with a better Dynamic Range. But...an iPhone has the same if not better capacity than many of the cameras used in the past by war correspondents, travelers and street photographers. Specially if you add the attachable lenses. It has the capacity of taking superb shots.

So I guess my point of view is. If you try to take the same range of pictures with an iPhone than with a profesional camera and lens set then of course there is no match. But if you take the photos that it CAN take, then it is a perfectly good tool for the trade.

Or better stated, a Camera is just a tool. Use it as it allows you to and you can take an award winning picture. Spend thousands on the best camera equipment available and you can easily take a really really bad picture. Like really bad.

13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 14, 2016

I should add, John, I love the pics you have on your site. Fantastic work.

14. Interstatetime Aug 14, 2016

I agree 100%

JohnCote

Nobel Prize likes this.