Forums Latest Members
  1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 6, 2014

Anybody here a Dali fan? Im looking at some of his Alice in Wonderland series and consulting my bank balances...

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 7, 2014

After seeing how he treated his watches I'd shudder to think what he did with Alice :eek:

rhetoric likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 7, 2014

Yes! Big Dali fan here. If you have never been, the Dali Universe exhibit in London UK is great:

"The Dali Universe is an innovative, permanent 3,000 square metre exhibition beautifully located at County Hall, part of London's cultural hub along the South Bank. Dedicated to the works of Salvador Dali (1904-1989) - the great Spanish Surrealist artist, eccentric self-publicist, and artistic genius of the 20th century - the Dali Universe features over 500 works of art, most of which have never before been exhibited in the UK. Curated by Beniamino Levi, who worked with Dalí on the development of his sculptures, this prestigious collection provides a fascinating insight into many important aspects of Dali's creative genius."

4. Hijak Jan 7, 2014

Down in St. Petersburg Fla. there is a Salvador Dali Museum...haven't been there in a bit but it was interesting when was there.:thumbsup: Love his Melting Time portraits!:cool:

5. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jan 7, 2014

I would have hoped that someone would have noticed my post-modernist appropriative homage to Dali vis-à-vis my avatar.

:rolleyes:

epl108 likes this.
  6. ulackfocus Jan 7, 2014

Geez, I thought it was just another eBay Speedmaster. :D

7. MyVintageOmega Jan 7, 2014

1 (10).jpg I own this print,,,The Temptation of St. Anthony

cicindela and UncleBuck like this.
  8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 9, 2014

Something is on its way...

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 18, 2014

blackwatch likes this.
  10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 18, 2014

Just got a souvenir print of "The Persistence of Memory" brought back from the Dali Museum in Spain.

[​IMG]

It's now framed and on the wall. Rather appropriate I think.
    gatorcpa

blackwatch likes this.
  11. ulackfocus Jan 18, 2014

No paintings on my walls, although I could spend all day in the impressionist wing of the Philadephia Art Museum. We have a select few pictures of Maui shot while visiting Windy's family around.

This one is right above my desk:

[​IMG]

Some others:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We did the mountain top sunrise thing once too, but enough photographs. They just aren't the same as paintings.