Forums Latest Members
  1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 2, 2013

Popping up at a local auction site here in Sweden it raised some interest but not more than that I could get it at a nice price. The seller was a Swedish pawn shop and the watch looks well used.

It is of the bracelet reference but the bracelet is long gone. I will have a strap special made for it with the same profile as the bracelet - filling the hooded lugs as it was designed/intended. The strap will be small scale reptile, in line with the original brick theme, and high gloss. The movement will get a service by my watchmaker and it looks like a new glass is needed.

Nice to have a new beater connie for those days working on the boat.
    regards
    JE

Sellers pic
    [​IMG]

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 2, 2013

Well......I know the condition is not perfect, but what the hell...........DIBS.....

MKelley and Dablitzer like this.
  3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 2, 2013

Amazing finding.........I always like the hooded lug. It would be one hell of beater on the boat...........

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 2, 2013

Yellow gold or rose gold?

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 2, 2013

That remains to be seen. It will arrive on tuesday. Seller said they "think it is yellow" when I talked with them over the phone. Because of that I bought it as a yellow - but I make no secrete of my wish of it being rose. The picture is difficult to judge from. If it is yellow I have made a good deal - if it is rose.... :D I am happy either way.

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 2, 2013

That ain't so sad! And it doesn't make me sad at all! Bravo!

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 2, 2013

Sounds like a good acquisition .

8. ulackfocus Mar 2, 2013

That might very well be pink gold. Nice snag!

9. ReneB Mar 2, 2013

I followed the watch from the moment it came up for auction. The caseback has some deep dings, and I was not sure if there is just a streak of black dirt, or even a hole in the caseback near the lugs. Also the watch is described as defect and no pictures of the inside are provided.

I hope it turns out all right for you and it is the correct movement inside and the defect is just a minor thing.

Will you post how the condition of the watch really is, when you have had hands on ?

I decided to be cautious and let it go, though the model is on the dreamlist for my collection.

best regards
    ReneB

10. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 2, 2013

Don't know what you paid, but the dial alone looks like it was likely worth the cost of admission and fortunately this one didn't get melted!

11. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 2, 2013

It will all be revealed but let me say it like this... getting the right info from sellers are vital when deciding on how much to bid ;)

12. Dablitzer Mar 2, 2013

This is great, especially as a daily beater!!?? I'd put my money on yellow gold, but this doesn't detract from it at all. Nice snag! :)

13. Mothra Mar 2, 2013

Please tell me the beater/boat thing is a joke? I know there are a lot on these boards with much nicer watches than mine and perspectives vary, but that's a lovely survivor that needs to be cherished...

14. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 2, 2013

Well, at least have it pressure testing before you wear it in boat. :)

15. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 3, 2013

The "beater" thing was a joke (to 80%). I would not use a dress oriented watch when working on the boat - but I do use all my vintage watches and they probably see more action than what someone more collector-oriented would like or feel comfortable with. But I am not a fool and choose my daily watch according to what hazards that can be expected during the day.
    When working on the boat a semi-old Sea-Dweller or Submariner is most likely to be my choice of "weapon" (see first film). Sometimes it is a Seamaster Pro in titanium that gets the job. They are all up for it and there are spare parts to buy. The availability of parts are a big factor when appointing a watch as a beater. A Grand Luxe Constellation is more likely to go with me to the office...
    Films:

regards
    JE

Mothra likes this.
  16. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 3, 2013

Not a bad craft to trade the drakkar in for, JE, even though it puts the oarsmen out of work. Shame you didn't hold on to the traditional headgear - it would have made that laugh of yours a little more ominous....

17. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 6, 2013

The watch has arrived and everything is OK. First of all it is in rose gold which in my book makes the buy a substantial lot better. I was almost sure but the pictures and the seller was not clear on that point. Even with the watch in hand it is a little difficult to tell. The dial and hands are clearly rose gold but the case has oxidized over the years and taken on a more yellowish shine. Inside of the caseback has a rich, rather dark rose gold colour. I have some experience of this since my rose Polerouter - which rose colour did not come thru until it had been cleaned and detailed properly.

The movement is in good order (not defect - the rotor was loose). Dial in splendid shape. Caseback has scars from being used on a perlon/nylon strap (blasphemy). Crown has lost a little of its plating. Movement already at my watchmaker and I have the case for some TLC. Serial in the 162-range, cal 505 and 360935 2930 SC case.
    regards
    one happy guy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MKelley and Central Scrutinizer like this.
  18. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 6, 2013

Big congrats and very well bought!

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2013

Rose gold =O

Amazing find

20. Dablitzer Mar 6, 2013

Yowzer - that's one hell of a watch!