Forums Latest Members

Sad, Buzz Aldrin Sues Children

1. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 25, 2018

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 25, 2018

I would not be surprised if they were getting impatient waiting for what they view should be their rightly inheritance.

Shankified likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Jun 25, 2018

Buzz will have the last laugh on his greedy kids when he gives a deathbed admission that the moon landings were faked. That will make all those millions of dollars worth of "space memorabilia" and "space artifacts" he bequeaths worth pennies. :confused: ::facepalm2:: ::stirthepot::

.... and in an unrelated event, one year after Col. Aldrin passes, Omega will file Chapter 11 amid a class action lawsuit over the so-called "Moonwatch". :eek: ( :whistling: )

4. Dan S Jun 25, 2018

I suspect there are multiple sides to this story.

Tristanp, Foo2rama, 1972Steve and 4 others like this.
  5. ulackfocus Jun 25, 2018

There always are 3 sides to every story: party A's version, party B's version, and the truth.

6. Screwbacks Jun 25, 2018

i'd just like to pitch in some innocent questions.

how come neil a. was so silent throughout his life after the apollo11?
    did he retire or die a happy man being the first man to step on the moon?
    why did omega did not commercialize or exploit their fate in advertising
    or anniversaries, instead hired actors and actresses to promote the brand?

superfly likes this.
  7. repoman Jun 26, 2018

Buzz comes off as a cantankerous old bastard, from the 2 or 3 interactions I've had with him, and from what I've seen at space events he's been at. If I had to guess, I think the kids, and his former manager are trying to look out for him, and he's just gone completely bat-crap nutty. Possible/likely that gold digging women are circling around like buzzards, Buzz is frisky and the kids are trying to keep them at bay. Unfortunate to see this in public, Buzz is going to have a big year next year, hopefully not ruined by all this family crap.

watchme likes this.
  8. kkt Jun 26, 2018

Armstrong wasn't silent. He taught, he served on the committees investigating Apollo 13 and the Challenger. He wrote. He was in some advertising too. He didn't go in for the huge autograph parties and sell his autograph because he didn't think it was dignified or appropriate to profit personally from the whole country's project.

9. Professor Jun 26, 2018

"why did omega did not commercialize or exploit their fate in advertising
    or anniversaries, instead hired actors and actresses to promote the brand?"

How many astronauts have appeared in commercials?
    How many Congressional Medal of Honor winners have appeared in automobile commercials?
    Not everyone chooses to prostitute themselves hawking products like a carnival sideshow barker. They have more respect for their fellows and peers.

10. MaiLollo Jun 26, 2018

I know nothing of him, but batshit crazy or not, by acting this way his kids sure seem more interested in his money than in his well being. Telling journalists that your father has dementia & Alzheimer's ? How the hell is that the right thing to do when you think your dad really is sick ?

I think he earned the right to spend his money / life as he wishes (except if he REALLY is going crazy and he needs to be looked after ::psy::)

Pun and marco like this.
  11. marco Jun 26, 2018

Unfortunately this reminds me of an experiance I had with my financial advisor. On entering his office we had some time before some files were available.
    He struck a conversation regarding his previous client telling me I was his only client that would appreciate the story.
    The guy was old & wealthy and spending more than usual on ladies , drugs and generally enjoying his golden years.
    The kids wanted it stopped as he was blowing money.
    My FA laughed and told me there was nothing wrong with the guy and it was HIS money.
    He told the kids he could not help and subsequently developed more respect for lets call him "Buzz".
    There seems to an expectation from some of the younger generations that you are NOT supposed live this long.
    Oh dear , sorry about that. I does give us a chance to pick up on it and alter your estate accordingly.
    Did you notice one son was not involved in the court action ?
    Says everything.

12. dialstatic Jun 26, 2018

That’s sad, and probably happens a lot. I need nothing from my parents but the love and support they already gave me growing up (okay, I really liked it when my dad gave me his old PloProf so there’s that).

It’d be nice not to inherit a debt, but other than that I hope they blow everything else they have on doing fun things in their autumn years, and I remind them of this every once in a while. Should my dad lose my mom and subsequently spend his hard earned money on liquor and women of loose morals, then more power too him (I’d probably have a word with him if he did so before my mother’s passing though ;-))

Riviera Paradise, Pun and marco like this.
  13. marco Jun 26, 2018

Good man !

dialstatic likes this.
  14. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 26, 2018

My wife’s grandfather ran off and married a gold digger from Florida who spent all his money and left him. My sister had to file a restraining order on an investment advisor who was tying to sell annuities to our uncle an 85 year old man with severe Parkinson’s and dementia. That was the worst of a pyramid of con artists that came calling. Fortunately we found a saintly in home caregiver to stem the tide. He frequently called the police on my sister (Power Of Attorney) for trying to steal his money. My mom (In home nursing care at $30k a month because she wouldn’t go to a nursing home) was no fun. We eventually won that battle after some very heated and painful conversations. Point is that let’s cut the kids some slack possibly trying to preserve money for elder care and fight off the wolves.

Civic4982, Wryfox and noelekal like this.
  15. M'Bob Jun 26, 2018

Can you sue your kids for being a pain in the ass?

IanS, mayankyadav, marco and 2 others like this.
  16. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 26, 2018

We have to be pains in the ass to our parents to save them from bankrupting themselves. Mrs S and I plan on doing everything in our power to avoid that for my son. My wife’s parents did that and we never had to intervene. (Much ... I did have to move them with him kicking and screaming from Key West to an elder village in Pompano. She needed the medical care. When we arrived he said “Ok let’s go in and die.” Found him a tennis facility next day and a year later, after by pass surgery, he was singing the praises of the move.)

Edited Jun 26, 2018
  17. ulackfocus Jun 26, 2018

I bet there's an ambulance chaser who would be willing to try!

18. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 26, 2018

I always wanted to sue my parents because I wasn’t born rich and had to work my entire life. Maybe in California...:whipped:.

marco, repoman and Larry S like this.
  19. perks713 Jun 26, 2018

Poor Buzz, can't believe his kids would be coming after his Toy Story money like that.

marco and kkt like this.
  20. kkt Jun 26, 2018

I don't think we can tell from this whether the kids are being stupid or Aldrin is. There are certainly kids who can't wait to get their hands on an inheritance and want to make sure their parent doesn't leave it all to a new wife in a November-May romance... but there are also seniors who are easily conned. Wait for the trial.