Sa Calobra’s Speedmaster 145012-67 story

Hi everyone 😀

This is my first post since joining the forum Oct 2021

I read Sa Calobra’s Speedmaster 145012-67 story and realized I have a problem.

I am getting on in years and own a Speedmaster Pro 145012-67/68 ?? the Extract says 1968 however the case is marked 67. Purchased new from the NAFFI shop in Germany. March 1969. Cost £75.00

Of interest it had a red/orange sweep when purchased however Omega says they did not keep records of these.

My problem, should I gift it to a family member or sell it towards my estate, selling it would be the easier option as I have a large family who may not want or fight over it.

Q. could the forum advise me on valuation information, it is in nice working condition with original guarantee booklet no box.

Had some hard knocks in the past but repairs carried out by Omega under insurance so a few service parts.

Thank you for reading Jaa

Reference ST 145.012 Calibre 321 Movement No: 26-079-471

Production Aug 6th 1968 Case inside gives 1967 date. G

Delivered to: NAFFI

Extract dated: November 8th 2019

Strap 633
Edited:

Good photos would be needed if you're serious about getting a valuation, especially since you're suggesting that it doesn't have its original parts. Importantly, is the dial original, and what is the condition? Notably, it sounds like you are claiming to have an Ultraman delivered to NAAFI.
Edited:

Dan thank you for your reply. I will post photo later on tonight if I can.
However I do not claim its an Ultraman delivered to NAFFI that is your suggestion.
The hands were replaced during a damage repair service some years ago. so although it still has a red sweep it not original.
picture to follow later.

Dan thank you for your reply. I will post photo later on tonight if I can.
However I do not claim its an Ultraman delivered to NAFFI that is your suggestion.
The hands were replaced during a damage repair service some years ago. so although it still has a red sweep it not original.
picture to follow later.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but I don't know of other 145.012-67 examples that originally came with orange sweep hands, and your serial number and production date are in the correct range. Looking forward to the photos.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but I don't know of other 145.012-67 examples that originally came with orange sweep hands, and your serial number and production date are in the correct range. Looking forward to the photos.

I will take more fresh pics tomorrow, however I cannot and don't wish to remove back from case.
good night. John.

John did you get any parts returned when your watch was serviced?
Unfortunately the dial and bezel, as well as the hands are modern service items which is going to have a huge impact on the value.

John did you get any parts returned when your watch was serviced?
Unfortunately the dial and bezel, as well as the hands are modern service items which is going to have a huge impact on the value.

That's what I was afraid of.

Morning guys, I have some pictures taken this morning.
No parts returned they collect them I'm given to understand.
A ny thing else just ask

IMHO they ruined your watch during service...

What a pity!

Cheers

That is a real shame as the vintage dial, bezel and red chrono seconds contain much of the value.

Im not sure how you’d value this. Effectively a 145.012 minus the cost of dial, bezel and hand, plus a small premium as it would possibly return a positive extract for an Ultraman.

To your original question, this is not going to be the windfall it might have been had the parts been original, so I wouldn’t worry too much about estate planning for it.

That is a real shame as the vintage dial, bezel and red chrono seconds contain much of the value.

Im not sure how you’d value this. Effectively a 145.012 minus the cost of dial, bezel and hand, plus a small premium as it would possibly return a positive extract for an Ultraman.

To your original question, this is not going to be the windfall it might have been had the parts been original, so I wouldn’t worry too much about estate planning for it.

I agree with this. Apparently the OP already has an extract and it doesn't say anything about the sweep hand. But you never know. Very hard to put a value on a watch like this because it's no longer collectible. I'd guess somewhere around $4k, just because there are always people out there who like shiny new-looking watches.

IMHO they ruined your watch during service...

What a pity!

Cheers

Hi, ortope Thank you for your interest.

In defense of Omega service workshop (Southampton) they did not.

The speedy was impacted by a heavy falling object that smashed the crystal and badly damaged the replaced parts; I doubt they could have done otherwise.

The movement fortunately undamaged.

On return of the speedy I was delighted with the result.

John.

I agree with this. Apparently the OP already has an extract and it doesn't say anything about the sweep hand. But you never know. Very hard to put a value on a watch like this because it's no longer collectible. I'd guess somewhere around $4k, just because there are always people out there who like shiny new-looking watches.

“Apparently the OP already has an extract and it doesn't say anything about the sweep hand."

I did ask Omega the question reference the red sweep, they stated they did not hold on record which speedmasters where given the red sweep.

On the first Extract they sent the watch was dated 1962 ?

Did they really bother checking the records for 26079471

john.

“Apparently the OP already has an extract and it doesn't say anything about the sweep hand."

I did ask Omega the question reference the red sweep, they stated they did not hold on record which speedmasters where given the red sweep.

On the first Extract they sent the watch was dated 1962 ?

Did they really bother checking the records for 26079471

john.

We have seen a lot of weird things with extracts. Mistakes, discrepancies, etc. Sometimes the Extract does mention the orange sweep hand, but it's not clear why sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Here is an example: https://omegaforums.net/threads/ultraman-with-extract-on-ebay-for-48k-usd.122057/

I had the opportunity to buy an Ultraman last year. It wasn't in great condition, but it was a one-owner watch and had all the right characteristics. However, because of the condition, there wasn't going to be much upside for me unless I could get an extract confirming that it was an Ultraman, and I doubted that I could, so we couldn't reach a deal.

We have seen a lot of weird things with extracts. Mistakes, discrepancies, etc. Sometimes the Extract does mention the orange sweep hand, but it's not clear why sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Here is an example: https://omegaforums.net/threads/ultraman-with-extract-on-ebay-for-48k-usd.122057/

I had the opportunity to buy an Ultraman last year. It wasn't in great condition, but it was a one-owner watch and had all the right characteristics. However, because of the condition, there wasn't going to be much upside for me unless I could get an extract confirming that it was an Ultraman, and I doubted that I could, so we couldn't reach a deal.

Thank you for the link, very interesting read.