Forums Latest Members

S**T is getting serious. Creating "NOS" inserts

1. kelev_ra Jan 19, 2019

Just saw this post on instagram... Sure it is not perfect...YET...
    But give it some time.
    Asked myself why there are so many "NOS" cases, Full Set watches and mint bezels out there recently...
    This could explain...

What do you think?

image1-2.png

qboa and jumpingsecond like this.
  2. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jan 19, 2019

That’s a good repair but “NOS”?

No way, Jose

3. flqt-9000 Jan 19, 2019

Is it possible to repair bezels??

4. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jan 19, 2019

Anything can be repaired. Whether you like the outcome or not is a whole different ballgame.

Edited Jan 20, 2019
    kelev_ra, Foo2rama and Lonestar like this.
  5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jan 19, 2019

Different collecting field, but today's collectors' world is rife with fakes and fakers.

This jazbo is a well known faker in the world of classic Colt collecting. He brazenly sells fake NOS Colt boxes and other Colt literature and accouterments on Ebay and has been for years. His inventory both expands and increases as time goes by. All reproduction, fake goods. So crisp looking that one would need to "tat it up" a bit to make it look more correct in order to realistically match 50-100 year-old firearms.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/blovit/m.h...K~oAAOxyVLNS38Dn&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

"Make you pistol worth a lot more money with the box and paperwork!!!"

"This box is for the popular Woodsman Match Target Heavy Barrel 22lr, commonly referred to as the Bullseye model. It was used by Colt to package and ship these pistols from the late 1920s until the late 1940s.

"IMPORTANT !!! MORE INFO NEEDED When you purchase please tell me your Serial Number --Colt Wrote the serial number on the bottom of the box with a Regular lead First Grade Pencil not on the label--I have the pencil to do this also But I have to have your serial Number--This way I can also send you the correct period paperwork also--If you don't tell me--I can't fix it up for you"

"This is an, ORIGINAL 8 page box manual for the Colt 1911 45 Automatic Pistol Government Model 1917-1918. (Manual, booklet, pamphlet, brochure) Numbered: (M-50-R) and was printed by the Curtiss-WayCo. A really nice piece to put with a genuine 1911.I was lucky enough to find a few of these in a bunch of old Colt items I bought--I have more items to list so stay tuned to my Auctions (These are in new mint condition--Not Re-Prints)"

"New Condition Mint Old Stock Colt Gold Cup National Match Pre-70 series Box and paperwork-this box was used up until around the mid 70's I This box was used for 45 caliber and 38 Calibers--Please tell me which Manual to send you ----As most of my Loyal Customers know I have buyers who work for me and find Colt items all over the USA--Well this Buyer of mine just got a Raise over finding me these boxes. These boxes are Vintage Boxes that look brand new condition--100%---The only thing I can say about these boxes is WOW!!! They are over 50-60 years old but look brand new!!! The white on the boxes has a slight yellow aged patina which is normal for an old box--I have a very limited quantity and When they are gone they are gone"

It's shameful, the efforts that are made to extract money from collectors today.

6. kelev_ra Jan 20, 2019

I know that this is not NOS... :) But the question is: If this is possible already - what is possible in a year - or maybe 5 years from now?

7. kelev_ra Jan 20, 2019

Well, the problem is not that things can be repaired - if I got a broken bezel or a ugly polished case -> I can get it fixed. Well, that's great. But what if I sell that without telling the buyer? Or he sells it without stating...?

Same thing with papers or with dials...

8. mr_yossarian Jan 20, 2019

If this is supposed to be a predictive outlook...where have you been the last 15 years?

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  9. kelev_ra Jan 20, 2019

So you knew that bezels could be fixed this way?
    I didn't.
    Of course I knew cases can be fixed to NOS - Dials can be reprinted,...

10. Davidt Jan 20, 2019

I've yet to see many cases restored to like NOS. Every straight lug Speedmaster I've seen for instance that I've seen restored has incorrect bevels etc etc.