Forums Latest Members
  1. rizon Jun 14, 2017

Hi guys,

So I'm continuing my journey for the right Omega.
    I'm looking for a watch for a daily use.
    So generally speaking, do you think it's a good idea to purchase a watch on eBay from a South Korean seller?
    For example:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-O...301302?hash=item25d8df46f6:g:KGgAAOSwjRpZP~51Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-O...954502?hash=item25d8caba06:g:z4kAAOSwMvtZPpqZPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

They look good to me, but are they authentic?

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 14, 2017

3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 14, 2017

rizon and gemini4 like this.
  4. ICONO Jun 14, 2017

Welcome to the Forum

The Koreans are notorious for exemplary redials,… and polishing the Hell of of a watch

The 'Korean' watches tend to look very bright and shiny……but at the expense of originality

If you are cool with that…buy the watch………if not be patient, do some research yourself, and draw upon the experience in this Forum…

Never rush in to a purchase until you are satisfied… there is not a better alternative, somewhere out there

5. wkimmd Jun 14, 2017

As a South Korean myself :) I feel like I can comment - haha.
    I would be careful...there are many of these watches (I've particularly seen a lot of Grand Seikos and Omegas) that are pieced together and not authentic, from "South Korea." This is not a comment about the specific seller since I know nothing about this seller, but just in general. For any of these - I would demand to see movement pics. Agree with ICONO - these are polished like all heck. The fact that the feedback is good and there is a lot of it doesn't sway me.

rhj likes this.
  6. noiseboyuk Jun 14, 2017

Due diligence demands movement shots and close examination of all pictures and comparisons to known 'correct' examples.
    Also - Speedmaster 101 is your friend and will be an enormous help

rizon likes this.
  7. rizon Jun 15, 2017

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 15, 2017

I came across a Los Angeles based seller doing the same over polishing, same redials, and same odd hands. Wonder if they are related.

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 15, 2017

First step the reference is on the caseback. The caliber is in the description. Do they match? Should that reference number be in a gold plated watch?

It's not a question of being legit. It's a question of being original.

If you like it and the price seems good what does it matter? Are you planning to resell it at some point? If so you should understand what collectors look for.

Edited Jun 15, 2017
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 15, 2017

Vividlily and OCWatchco must have been trained in South Korea.

Foo2rama and efauser like this.
  11. rizon Jun 16, 2017

I'm not planning to resell it nor to add it to my collection (as I don't own such). I do care about it being an authentic Omega because of quality and reliability (quality of materials, movement etc.)

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 16, 2017

All of the watches posted are real. The problem is actual value and if the dial has been restored aka redial, the other problem is being over polished which collectors don't like as the lugs are not sharp. If collector value and originality don't matter these watches are fine.

Obviously people buy these watches, but no one on this forum would.