Forums Latest Members

Ryan Reynolds wearing a DSOTM in funny commercial

1. dinexus Jun 9, 2021

[​IMG]

I think Reynolds has been documented wearing an OG Dark Side of the Moon before, but this ad/recipe is pretty hilarious (as most of his Aviation Gin antics tend to be), and thought it was worth a share. Enjoy ~

David J, Omegafanman, NGO1 and 7 others like this.
  2. JwRosenthal Jun 9, 2021

That’s funny

Caesar95 and Archer like this.
  3. ACepero Jul 7, 2021

Isn't Ryan a Piaget ambassador?

4. Caliber561 Jul 7, 2021

Personally, not sure why we care so much about what brand ambassadors wear. Many have a collection of their own and wear a variety of watches from different brands. Very few people, even among collectors, will wear a single brand or even a single model all the time like was common when watches were tools.

5. NGO1 Jul 7, 2021

because even thought these guys has a closet full of rare Patek, they still humbly wear a lowly Omega to show they are just human, like you and I.
    U gotta respect that.

Also, I’m pretty sure it’s a branding op. These guys don’t just “wear their favorites”.
    A couple hundred grands going to Ryan account way before he straps on that DSOTM.

Edited Jul 7, 2021
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 7, 2021

There is no way he got money for that watch placement at all.

7. ACepero Jul 7, 2021

The point of my original post is that if he's a Piaget ambassador, I'm surprised seeing him wear anything that isn't Piaget. The DSOTM is his personal watch. He's worn on it many different occasions - including in movies (Hitman's Bodyguard) and ads besides the one linked above.

sah likes this.
  8. sah Jul 7, 2021

Just saw the Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. Many scenes with close up wrist shots of his Dark Side of the Moon.

9. NGO1 Jul 7, 2021

there’s no way this is organic. It’s 100% product placement. ESPECIALLY it’s prominently featured in his movies.
    These guys don’t promote by accident.
    (Maybe Stallone 20 years ago, but not in this social media landscape.)

10. nokaoi1 Jul 7, 2021

he has been wearing this for years and also wears a black black sometimes. If he was being paid to wear it, Omega would 100% mention that Mr. Ryan "Deadpool" Reynolds was with the brand. It would be a huge deal for them.

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 7, 2021

It’s a Father’s Day short for his Gin. The watch is barely visible let alone identifiable or mentioned.

Omegafanman and Archer like this.