Forums Latest Members

Russell Crowe & Ryan Gosling - The Nice Guys

1. Dre May 29, 2016

I've just finished watching the movie and really enjoyed it! I saw both Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe wearing what looks like to be some vintage watches, but I'm more curious about Russell Crowe's chronograph!

It looks like a speedy to me but I doubt it judging from the indexes? Can anyone tell exactly what watch he was wearing in the movie?

image.jpeg

2. Andreas May 29, 2016

3. Andreas May 29, 2016

btw not the first time Russel Crowe wears a speedmaster in a movie.
    this is from 'state of play'

StateOfPlay-Omega.jpg StateOfPlayCroweOmega.jpg
    Dre likes this.
  4. Dre May 29, 2016

5. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance May 29, 2016

6. cagkut Aug 9, 2016

"Ah ofcourse, apologies if I seems to be reposting this then! Can anyone identify what sort of Speedy it is? Bracelet looks period correct from late 70s!"

It's definitely not pre moon as the Omega logo is not an applied one. I's probably a 70's model as you suggest, but the bracelet is not Omega, it is a generic stretch bracelet.

On a side thought, in the second pic he's wearing the watch while the chrono sweep hand is working or while it is not on the 12 o'clock marker so the Omega logo is clearly visible.

Edited Aug 9, 2016
  7. soybeanwatch Aug 9, 2016

Just watched The Nice Guys and caught a glimpse of his Speedy also. It's kind of a guilty pleasure... noticing a watch in a movie or on a show and having the freedom to rewind it to admire it unlike spotting one in the wild hahaha. Awesome movie by the way!! Found myself laughing harder than I have in a very long time =)

Dre likes this.
  8. Clibka Aug 21, 2016

Really cool, makes me want to watch the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Aug 24, 2016

Isn't it one of those twist-o-flex bracelets which has seen a slight revival since Hodinkee featured one in an article on a Speedy?

Yam2k and Traveler like this.