Forums Latest Members
  1. Kinky Sep 15, 2018

Hello everyone :)

I was fortunate enough for Mrs. K to give a brand new Speedy Moonwatch as a birthday present this week (having had a Constellation for 20-odd years).

On it's 1st 24 hours, it's running about 17 seconds fast. It was on my wrist for about 18 of those 24 hours, and sat on its side for the rest.

I then reset it and in the 1st 8 hours it's about 4 seconds fast so far. Although during those 8 hours it was again sat on it's side. I'm wearing it now for the rest of the day, so will see what the delta is this evening.

But this does prompts a question ...... should I simply leave it for a few weeks to 'run in', or should I take it back to the AD (Goldsmiths in the UK), for them to recalibrate. I'm not fussed about running to tolerance, but 17 seconds a day is pushing it a little bit.

Many thanks one and all :)

K

2. Bugster987 Sep 15, 2018

Before taking it in for adjustment I would try finding its slowest overnight resting position as I’ve found my speedmaster can vary quite dramatically. Mine runs fast and was curious and couldn’t find anything conclusive about resting positions. These findings were over 8 days and run for a 24hr period off the wrist, fully wound every 24hrs. 2 days in each position.

Rested crown up +18 & +17
    Rested crown down +7 & +9
    Rested dial up +7 & +7
    Rested dial down +10 & +9

As you can see my watch runs generally runs fast with the best (slowest) position dial up.

3. Bp1000 Sep 19, 2018

Give it at least 7-14 days of constant normal use.

Let it run down ie leave it 48 hours before a wind a couple of times.

For some reason both my FOIS and CK2998 ran 8-12 sec fast per day when brand new. But both reduced with use to between 1 and 4 seconds per day.

However i recently picked up a new speedy pro and it’s currently loosing 10-12 seconds per day. Really not ideal. But I need to give it 2 weeks before I speak to omega, a lot can change in that time.